Litigation Specialist CGL
Company: The Hanover Insurance Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
For more than 160 years, The Hanover has been committed to
delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the
most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE. Our
Commercial General Liability team is currently seeking a Litigation
Specialist in our Worcester location.This is a full time/exempt
Position summary: Responsible for the settlement of Commercial
General Liability litigated cases, involving disputes over
coverage, liability, and damages issues. This professional will
gather the facts and analyze the statements/testimony and
declaration of damages to develop claims resolution strategies. The
same will be achieved through working in partnership with defense
counsel to bring about a timely cost effective conclusion.
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate states adjuster
license (s) and continuing education credits.
- Responsible for the settlement of CGL litigated cases,
involving disputes over coverage, liability, and damages
- Gather the facts and analyze the statements/testimony and
declaration of damages to develop claims resolution
- Work in partnership with defense counsel and all other
parties/vendors to bring about a timely cost effective
- Most experienced and knowledgeable of the staff's core
- Claims handled are transferred existing losses or first notice
lawsuits over disputed issues of great complexity where the
policyholder's coverage is in question or the company's exposure
exceeds the experience level of the Sr. CGL Adjuster.
- These claims require the highest level of investigation,
analysis, evaluation, and negotiation.
- Responsible for all aspects of each claim, including informal
hearings, arbitrations and claims litigation and maintaining a high
level of productivity, confidentiality and customer service.
- Will be utilized as a technical resource by adjusters. Will
represent the company at mediation, arbitration and trials.
- Review and analyze contracts, leases, and identify risk
- Demonstrate ability to write positional coverage letters.
- Reports into Unit Manager.-- Position Requirements:
- Typically has 8+ years Commercial General Liability
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, industry
designation preferred. Dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing
perspectives Considers the perspectives of others and gives them
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with
both internal and external groups. Demonstrates ability to win
concessions without damaging relationships.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and
develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations,
requirements or priorities.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Computer experience (MS Office, excel, word, etc)
- Ability to work in a paperless environment.
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
- Required to work on-site as needed
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to work hours in excess of 40 hours per week
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing or stressful
- Ability to perform work in a noisy/loud work environment
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle. This job posting provides
cursory examples of some of the job duties associated with this
position. The examples provided are not complete, and the position
may entail other essential and job-related functions and
responsibilities that employees will be required to perform. CAREER
DEVELOPMENT: It's not just a job, it's a career, and we are here to
support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and
fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching
and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you
- at every level - to grow and develop. BENEFITS: We offer
comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial
security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you'll
enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- 9 company holidays
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only) EEO
-- "The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our
customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment
and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the
basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the
available work without regard to race, religion, color, age,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity,
disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information,
ancestry or any other status protected by law.-- Furthermore, The
Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal
opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment
based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital
status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status
protected by law."--
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate
against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a
reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please
inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.--
statement, click--here .
Applicants who are California residents:--To see the types of
information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we
use it, please--click here .--
Keywords: The Hanover Insurance Group, Worcester , Litigation Specialist CGL, Legal , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!