Senior Real Estate Counsel
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. -
- Serve as lead real estate leasing and transaction counsel
concerning retail locations, distribution centers, gas stations,
and other company locations.
- Negotiate and draft leases, purchase and sale agreements, and
various other commercial real estate documents, including lease
amendments, ground leases, condominium documents, construction
agreements, subleases, SNDAs, estoppel certificates, letter
agreements, and default notices.
- Provide legal guidance to various in-house clients regarding
lease provisions, operational issues, violations, signage,
construction issues, access agreements, landlord/tenant disputes,
and repair and maintenance issues.
- Analyze title and surveys and identify potential environmental
risk and liability.
- Work with outside counsel as necessary
- Assist in management of all real estate related
- Assist in updating the Company's real estate documents and
- Assist local land use counsel with respect to zoning,
permitting, incentives and similar matters.
- Bachelor's degree and law degree from a top college or
university - - - - - - - -
- In-depth experience as deal counsel, particularly leasing
experience, with significant experience on behalf of retail
- Familiarity with reciprocal easement agreements, development
agreements, joint ventures, condominiums, bankruptcy, condemnation,
sale leasebacks, assignments, and environmental matters.
- Strong big box retail negotiating skills and experience with
major national and east coast regional shopping center developers
- 8-10 years' experience at a top law firm and/or in-house
environment - - -
- Team player with a sense of humor
- Flexible and willing to pitch in wherever new issues arise
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects
- Experience in construction law and familiarity with
construction contracts preferred.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Worcester , Senior Real Estate Counsel, Legal , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!