Sr. Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations, Framingham, MA
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Sr. Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations, Framingham,
MA-2000081DescriptionAs a member of Santander's retail banking
division you'll help serve Santander's retail and small business
customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States
based on deposits. - With principal presence in the northeast U.S.,
Santander's retail division offers consumer and lending products to
help our customers reach their financial goals. - Santander
currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the
2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a
transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Sr. Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations is responsible and
accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions,
elevating concerns, and following policies and procedures as
defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers
and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a
positive customer experience. While operating within the
organization's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently
identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks
of all types. This role is responsible for supporting the
operational unit through driving continuous improvement, removing
barriers, building/maintaining a robust and effective reporting
suite, and assisting in production.
- Assigns loss events for root cause analysis and actions plans
to the LOB, as appropriate.
- Be proactive in the development and execution of ideas, which
reduce risk and improve Santander's profitability.
- Communicates significant issues to management and makes
recommendations when weaknesses are identified.
- Completes data quality checks, including coordinating the
resolution of data reconciliation issues.
- Completes root cause analysis and action plan evaluation on
- Conducts root cause analysis to identify opportunities to
predict, prevent and mitigate risk within processes and
- Develops trending reports and key indicators to serve as early
warning risk indicators for potentially fraudulent activity.
- Identifies and aggregates Op Loss data.
- Identifies risk factors and trends of potentially fraudulent
activity utilizing technical data analysis and statistical
- Increases operational efficiencies to streamline and simplify
process flows and fraud prevention effectiveness.
- Interacts regularly with Customers, Contact Center and Branches
over the telephone for inbound and outbound calls.
- Monitors and reviews fraud risk, unique or highly complex
exceptions generated from the various fraud prevention filters and
security exception files.
- Performs routine, analytical review of data and/or
documentation which may include customer data and/or review for
- Receives and places calls to provide information to branches,
the Member Service Center, lending departments and members on
fraud, identity theft or Member Identification Program.
- Reports suspicious activity as required by the Bank Secrecy
- Trains branch staff on security procedures and
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years; Experience in the financial service industry or
similar environment, such as Customer Service, Operations, or Fraud
- Ability to analyze diverse information and develop strategy
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both
verbal and written.
- Excellent organization skills,Knowledge and experience with
root cause analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
- Solid ability to multi-task,Solid analytical, interpretive and
problem solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of department computer applications and
- Working knowledge of fraud systems such as Lexus Nexus, Targus,
Tran Union TLO.
- Working knowledge of loss and fraud detection/prevention
principals, multiple fraud areas, compliance and regulatory issues
related to the department and/or company. -
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Addresses customer's requests, ensures concerns are recorded
accurately and action is initiated appropriately.
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet
- Builds and maintains one's network of contacts and resources
and knows who to involve in problem resolution.
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner.
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and
confirms agreed-upon actions.
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards
shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team
- Executes risk management process and procedures without
management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area
- Follows through to meet commitments to others.
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite
balancing multiple complex demands.
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or
problem and the relationship among variables that are not
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive
landscape that the organization operates within.At Santander, we
value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to
increase the diversity of our teams. - We actively encourage
everyone to applyJob:Business OperationsPrimary
Location:Massachusetts-Framingham-5 Whittier Street - 06365 -
Whittier Street-CorpOrganization:SBNA Operations
(5000)Schedule:Full-timeJob Posting:Jan 13, 2020, 4:49:53 PM
Keywords: Santander, Worcester , Sr. Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations, Framingham, MA, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!