Senior Scientist II/ Principal Research Scientist I, New Biological En
Posted on: February 14, 2020
AbbVie Analytical Research & Development (Analytical R&D) is
a global analytical sciences organization responsible for all CMC
analytical activities related to the development of AbbVie's
pharmaceutical products. Our scope includes AbbVie's diverse
pipeline of innovative small molecule and therapeutic biologic
medicines and spans from the selection of Discovery candidate
molecules through the transition of analytical methods and testing
to commercial labs to support product launch. We are building a
world-class team of scientists and leaders who will drive the
advancement of industry-leading analytical capabilities and make
substantial contributions to advance AbbVie's pipeline of
innovative medicines! Careers in AbbVie Analytical R&D provide
unique opportunities to work with global and cross-functional teams
to drive exceptional science and innovative product development
strategies. We are looking for diverse candidates with strong
scientific and leadership experience to join the AbbVie Analytical
R&D team and can offer exciting and rewarding career
opportunities for these candidates.Key Responsibilities
- Characterization of monoclonal antibodies,
antibody-drug-conjugates, novel multi-specifics and fusion
- Employ modern LC-MS instruments to understand structural
information insight of therapeutic biologic molecules and assess
- Compilation and assessment of analytical data (e.g. mass spec)
regarding function and stability of the molecule to support
candidate screening in high throughput.
- Elucidation of structure and impurity/variant characterization
of antibody-based drug materials.
- Build and lead strategic alignments with key partners, revise
and improve business workflows, run project timelines and
- Develops the efficient CMC development path for assigned
discovery projects together with clients from various discovery and
development functions with an emphasis on collaboration, quality
and with a sense of urgency.
- Operates in a matrix team environment, aligning across and
executing shared departmental and divisional strategies.
- Data review, documentation and preparation of technical memos
- Mentor junior staff on troubleshooting equipment and
- Provision of scientific expertise and engagement in
cross-functional teams within AbbVie.
- Takes initiative to develop independent research ideas and
pursues scientific questions that may arise during candidate
selection/ nomination screening studies.
- Presents data at internal and external professional conferences
and prepares manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals
or patent applications. Position will be hired based on level of
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or
Chemical Engineering with typically 10-12+(BS), 8-10+ (MS) or 4-6+
(PhD) years of experience.
- Effective writer and communicator of research or other
- At least 2 years of hand-on experience in comprehensive
characterization of monoclonal antibodies in an industry setting is
- Deep understanding of protein characterization by LC/ESI-HR-MS
(e.g. peptide Mapping, intact mass analysis) and insights into the
causes for protein aggregation
- Knowledge of functional excipient degradation pathways is a
- Profound expertise in determination of PTM and chemical
modifications and their influence on the molecule's function and
- Robotics expertise and protein analytical experience (e.g. SEC,
IEX, HIC, CE) is preferred
- Highly motivated, ambitious and results-oriented person with
excellent communication and presentation skills
- High degree of flexibility in adapting to different projects
and people; embraces the ideas of others, cultivates innovation and
leads innovation to reality
- Excellent teammate with the ability to build networks with
- Fluency in English is required Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally
with partners outside of teams to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and
experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages
innovation to reality.
Keywords: AbbVie, Worcester , Senior Scientist II/ Principal Research Scientist I, New Biological En, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!