Research Associate II - Contract Research Services (CRS) and Tissue Imaging
Company: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Research Associate II - Contract Research Services (CRS) and
Tissue Imaging Division
Location: Marlborough, MA - on site 5 days/week
A well-funded Life Science start-up-that is developing powerful
imaging tools to enable scientists and clinical researchers to gain
a better understanding of complex diseases such as cancer and
Team member of a dynamic team that provides laboratory services to
clients. Provides tissue analysis based on our ultra-high
multiplexing approach utilizing technology to provide unparalleled
cellular/tissue imaging capabilities.
The Contract Research Services team focuses on assay development,
optimization, and standardization, on sectioning, staining, imaging
and quantitative analysis of tissue sections.
The successful candidate will be experienced in in processing and
analysis of FFPE tissue, conventional immunohistochemistry (IHC),
assay development and standardization as well as high through put
The candidate will have worked with LIMS systems and have
experience working in a regulated laboratory setting such as a
CAP/CLIA or ISO certified institution. Knowledge of antibody
validation methods, immunofluorescence (IF) and quantitative
pathology approaches are a plus but not required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in a Life Science with 2-3 years of experience in a
- Experience with IHC
- Experience with image analysis software is preferred but not
- Experience with quality control/quality assurance procedures,
compliance with regulatory requirements
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint; experience with tracking systems and pathology imaging
software is a plus; experience with electronic notebook
familiarity with specialized and hardware-based systems in the
laboratory such as barcode readers and zebra printers. Knowledge to
install and integrate them into the laboratory workflow.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage workflows.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently under pressure of
deadlines and the desire to work in a fast paced, team
- Passion for pathology and personalized medicine
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) staining
of tissue sections.
- Identification of available antibodies for new targets, research,
and preparation of background presentations on target biology and
expected staining patterns.
- Testing, optimization, and validation of antibodies for FFPE
- Imaging of IF slides.
- Quantitative QC of assay development and run controls
using-software and procedures (phenochart, inform, R script)
- General laboratory maintenance including maintenance of
laboratory equipment, managing inventory and reagent preparation
and documentation thereof in accordance with CLIA/CAP
- Ensures that all equipment, instruments, and accessories are
operational daily. Reports any irregularities.
- Maintains patient confidentiality according to HIPAA rules and
- Sample accessioning and tracking, inventory of biospecimens and
slides and documentation in appropriate software systems.
- Performs acceptance testing of reagents and materials, both
incoming and outgoing.
- Work with senior members of the team to design and carry out
experiments, interpret and present the data. Presentation of
findings to the team.
- Preparation of data for client reports.
- Performs required quality control procedures for compliance with
all local, state, and federal law; responsible for all proper
documentation according to QM system.
- Follows all safety precautions when using chemicals and reagents
demonstrating knowledge of OSHA standards and in concordance with
BSL2 laboratory safety standards.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
protected veteran. Visit
https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if
you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation
in the application process.PandoLogic. Keywords: Research
Associate, Location: Boylston, MA - 01505
Keywords: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company, Worcester , Research Associate II - Contract Research Services (CRS) and Tissue Imaging, Other , Boylston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!