Spiritual Care Coordinator-PER DIEM
Company: Notre Dame Health Care Center, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Who we are:Notre Dame Health Care Center, deeply rooted in the
heritage the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, is committed to the
physical, spiritual, and emotional care of our residents. Located
off the shores of Lake Quinsigamond within the woods of the
Worcester Land Trust, we seek candidates committed to providing
high quality care and compassion to our residents.This position
will provide pastoral care and support to residents, families and
staff. Provide this service within the framework of NDLTCC's
mission and philosophy, fulfilling the requirements of the Joint
Commission and other federal and state regulations.
- Help create an atmosphere of hospitality, positive attitude,
healing and peace throughout the center.
- Collaborate with the activity Department to provide seasonal
and religious programs and services.
- Be available to residents, families, visitors and staff for
support, counseling and spiritual advice, particularly at the time
of crisis or death.
- Maintain contact with residents when they are hospitalized or
in rehab for more than two weeks.
- Be a source of supportive presence to family members and staff
during the dying process, showing empathy, understanding and
- Assist dying residents preserving their dignity, while carrying
out their needs and/or desires.PM17 Master's Degree in theology or
related field required. Knowledge of specialized fields of
theology, liturgy, psychology, sociology, ecumenical orientation
and Catholic ethical guidelines required. One unit of Clinical
Pastoral Education (CPE) is preferred. Experience working with
infirm elderly is needed as well as excellent communication and
counseling skills, patience, tact, positive attitude, integrity and
cheerful enthusiasm preferred.
- PER DIEM as needed: Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays.
- Position schedule may require working some holidays.
- Some evening/nights scheduling fluctuations
Keywords: Notre Dame Health Care Center, Inc., Worcester , Spiritual Care Coordinator-PER DIEM, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!