Applications/Database Developer III
Company: University of Massachusetts Medical School
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Overview GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the direction of the
Director or designee, the Applications/Database Developer III
functions in all phases of application development. This position
is responsible for the analysis of user needs, software and
database design, programming and life cycle development of all
business and clinical applications. The Application/Database
Developer III will assist in the evaluation and research of 3rd
party software and conduct feasibility studies to determine
appropriate solutions. Communicate well with the user through all
phases of development and support. Perform duties in a manner
consistent with a complex, diverse, dynamic hardware and software
environment that serves a complex medical/education community.
Responsibilities MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the design and modeling of front-end application and
the RDMS back-end schema, including the assurance of appropriate
technology controls (i.e. normalization, referential integrity,
- Work directly with the user and/or vendors to articulate and
document user application needs.
- Participate in the development of functional
- Participate in the design, development, implementation,
integration, production support, and continuous enhancement of
applications to ensure reliable, integrated and stable information
- Provide end user training and support of developed
- Assist in developing and maintaining proper technical and user
documentation for each system in a consistent and structured
- Ensure quality control through testing and debugging software
for accuracy, completeness, and system integrity.
- Develop comprehensive project plans and proactively act upon
- Interact effectively (verbally, written, etc.) with users,
vendors and management to ensure delivery and use of application is
consistent with agreed upon project goals.
- Continue development of skills and expertise in present and
emerging technologies by participating in formal training when
possible and by independent self-teaching and tutorials.
- Perform other duties as required. Qualifications REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
Management, or equivalent experience
- 4 years experience in a business, educational, or clinical IS
environment in the design, analysis, programming, testing and
implementation of software applications.
- 4 years demonstrated progressive experience in using one or
more of the following technologies:
- Oracle or Microsoft SQL databases
- ColdFusion, HTML
- BEA Weblogic
- Rational Reporting, Crystal Enterprise, Business Objects
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Operating System or script/shell programming appropriate to
application area (UNIX or Windows NT)
- Computing in a distributed environment including connectivity,
interface and file transfer issues.
- Demonstrated progressive work experience in project management
and project planning.
- Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with
others in information technology expertise and comfort in varied
organizational relationships. Additional Information
Keywords: University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester , Applications/Database Developer III, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!