Case Manager-Supportive Housing -Homeless Outreach & Advocacy Project
Company: Community Healthlink, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides
quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a full-time
(37.5 hrs/wk) Case Manager in Worcester.
Community Healthlink's Homeless Outreach and Advocacy Project
(HOAP) provides direct services to individuals who are homeless.
Services include outpatient primary health care, behavioral health
care (individual and group mental health and addiction treatment),
and outreach and case management services. Working together, our
integrated, multi-disciplinary treatment teams address physical and
mental health needs, substance use disorders, and identified social
determinants of health by providing access to a wide-variety of
patient-centered, trauma-informed treatment and services. CHL HOAP
is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) Health Care for the
Homeless (HCH) program.
The HOAP Housing Programs provide intensive case management to
homeless individuals and families. Case managers assist clients
with locating, securing, and sustaining independent subsidized
housing, as well as assisting with information and support to
develop the skills necessary for independent, self-sufficient
Benefits:Compensation based on education and related work
experience, licensure and other qualificationsHealth and Dental
insurance (available upon starting)Generous paid sick, personal,
holiday, and vacation timeCEU benefitsLife and Disability
insurance401k with agency contributionWellness activity
discountsWork related travel reimbursement
- Examine participant's income and family composition for the
purpose of rent calculation and recertification.
- Work with Housing Subsidy Assistant to track recertification
and lease renewals.
- Create and maintain a spreadsheet of Unit Inspection due
- Schedule and complete initial and annual unit inspections with
tenants in a respectful manner.
- Report tenant cleanliness issues to case managers.
- Advocate for tenants by supporting them to report
habitability/maintenance issues to property managers; follow
through to resolution, documenting all interactions.
- If resolution does not occur, take pictures/video of critical
issues in preparation for official reporting in extreme
circumstances. Official reporting is completed by tenants.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned by CHL
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards
of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an
environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance
toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Grade 5: Case manager I -HSD/GED or HiSet required; associate's
- Grade 6: Case manager II-Requires a Bachelor's degree;
preferably in the field of psychology or human services
- Experience with homeless clients, HIV/AIDS, Alcohol and/or
Substance Abuse and/or Major Mental Illness is desirable.
- Prior case management experience preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills helpful.
- Have the ability to work independently in the community while
adhering to a structured daily schedule.
- Possess knowledge of the symptoms of mental illness and other
contributing factors to homelessness and poor living conditions
that may impact the ability and/or motivation of the individual to
- Have knowledge of habitability standards, to include
differentiating critical from routine maintenance issues.
- Be able to identify conditions that negatively impact health
and safety of tenants.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, as well
as the ability to use a laptop or tablet.
- Current valid US-issued driver's license and ability to provide
registered, inspected and insured automobile for work related
purposes including transporting clients in your own vehicle and
travel between work sites
- Must be able to Pass a CORI background check
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity
Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel
practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age,
ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status,
sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis
prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion
practices are performed without regard to the above listed
If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These
regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected
veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
These regulations require affirmative action by Community
Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected
veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Community Healthlink, Inc., Worcester , Case Manager-Supportive Housing -Homeless Outreach & Advocacy Project, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!