Company: Nurse on Call, part of the Brookdale family
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Overview: Home Health LPN - Skilled Medicare
Full Time with Benefits
Nurse on Call - Home Healthcare by Brookdale, is a 5 Star Medicare
certified agency providing home healthcare services. We take pride
in our strong reputation for furnishing the high quality skilled
nursing services that our patients, their families, and physicians
expect and deserve. We enrich lives every day.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply. Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision
of a registered nurse. Responsible for following the plan of care,
providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members
of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Follows the plan of care, providing treatments and working
collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive
patient care outcomes.
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice
Act, including specialized duties related to end of life care.
- Implements current nursing practices following a comprehensive
assessment and plan of care.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of patient services
to reflect the plan of care.
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education
and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately
reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group.
Examples include Hospice Aide, OT, PT, SW, ST, Dietician or
- Uses and prepares equipment and supplies effectively, adhering
to aseptic techniques.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates
patient's response to treatments/medications.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development.
Also participates in organization's quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing
program. Minimum of one (1) year experience as a licensed
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
Must be licensed as an LPN/LVN in good standing in the state(s)
where he/she will be providing services.
Meets all additional requirements for hire including state specific
requirements. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is
insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements
and is in good working order.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on
precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using
standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to
supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires
basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work
environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and
cooperative manner. Ability to learn the hospice regulations and
requirements, governmental regulations and CHAP standards. Complies
with accepted professional standards and practice. Demonstrates
good verbal and written communication, and organizational skills.
Understands principles of pain/symptom management. Must be able to
function in a stressful work environment. Ability to market and
deal tactfully with customers and the community.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Nurse on Call, part of the Brookdale family, Worcester , LPN, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!