Residential Counselor - Faith House
Company: Community Healthlink, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides
quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a full-time
(40 hrs/wk) Residential Counselor at our Worcester site.
Faith House is a 25-bed six-month residential treatment program
that serves women in recovery from substance use disorder. The
program provides a variety of rehabilitative services where a team
of staff implement treatment plans based on the specific needs of
persons served. Services include: substance use disorder treatment,
mental health counseling, group therapy, domestic violence
counseling, health education, parenting skills development,
vocational training, and life skills training.
The Residential Counselor works with clients to assist in
activities of daily living and foster a sense of safety in the
program. The Residential Counselor runs evidence-based groups,
completes required paperwork, and carries a caseload of clients to
facilitate the implementation of their treatment plans. This
position offers a wonderful opportunity to join a team that is
dedicated to making a difference in providing treatment for women
in recovery from addiction.
Benefits:Compensation based on education and related work
experience, licensure and other qualificationsHealth and Dental
insurance (available upon starting)Generous paid sick, personal,
holiday, and vacation timeCEU benefitsLife and Disability
insurance401k with agency contributionWellness activity
discountsWork related travel reimbursement
- Implement programming for residents on a consistent basis.
- Facilitate implementation of the treatment plan.
- Facilitation of groups, completion of daily paperwork including
daily logs, group logs, session notes.
- Crisis intervention
- Provide transportation for clients
- Collaborate with providers
- Monitor residents' medication, refills, document medications
and changes, provide safe storage and also assist while attending
- Working with residents to maintain the residence on a daily
basis including chores, grocery shopping/carrying groceries into
the kitchen, bedroom upkeep, laundry to include carrying to and
from washer/dryer, yard work, and other moderate housekeeping
- Must be able pass required trainings including CPR and First
Aid within 5 months of employment
- Perform other related job duties
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards
of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an
environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance
toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Grade 5: Residential Counselor I: HSD/HiSet/GED or Associates
- Grade 6: Residential Counselor II: Requires a Bachelor's
degree; preferably in the field of psychology or human
- Must be able pass required trainings including Medication
Administration Program (MAP), CPR and First Aid within 5 months of
- Experience working in a residential setting required
- Minimum of 1 years experience working in substance abuse
- Current valid US-issued driver's license and ability to provide
registered, inspected and insured automobile for work related
purposes, including transporting clients in your own vehicle or a
- Must be able to pass a CORI (Criminal Offender Background
Check) and a DCF/CPS (Department of Families Adam Walsh/Child
Protective Services background check)
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity
Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel
practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age,
ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status,
sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis
prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion
practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.If
applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These
regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected
veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
These regulations require affirmative action by Community
Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected
veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Community Healthlink, Inc., Worcester , Residential Counselor - Faith House, Other , Auburn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!