Company: Jabil Circuit
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING
BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees
across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most
technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions
provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market
experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing
know-how, supply chain insights and global product management
expertise to enable success for the world's leading brands. We are
driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each
other, our communities, and the environment.
Position Summary: Major duties and responsibilities of this
- Works with Manufacturing, Quality and Quality Engineering to
continuously improve the quality performance and ensure compliance
with quality standards. Performs measurement and validation tasks
to support Production and Quality requirements. Trains department
personnel in the proper use and interpretation of quality plans,
and reviews and analyzes daily quality performance to identify,
contain, control and improve quality.
- Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on
products, materials, components and parts at various stages of the
production process to ensure compliance with quality and
reliability standards, and to ensure effective inspection and
testing procedures are implemented. Analyzes data and writes
summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new standards,
methods and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential
responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Working under close supervision, assures policies, procedures,
inspection techniques and quality plans conform to established
- Performs analyses and tests of raw materials, packaging
materials and/or finished products from manufacturing to ensure
quality standards and compliance to customer and regulatory
- Performs a variety of qualitative or quantitative tests on
samples, and to aid in maintenance and certification of test
instruments and apparatus to ensure compliance.
- Monitors performance of inspectors and institutes corrective
action when necessary.
- Assures gauges are within the current calibration cycle and are
properly used and stored. Arranges for repair of gauges.
- Trains new inspectors regarding policies, procedures,
inspection and gauge techniques, and quality plans.
- Reviews Statistical Process Control (SPC) data. Maintains
integrity of SPC data by correcting input errors and follows up
with retraining of inspectors if needed.
- Works with QA Supervisor or QA manager to maintain and update
control limits in SPC files. Creates new SPC files as needed.
- Prepare graphs or charts of data and/or enters data into
computer for analysis.
- Performs product and process audits.
- Reviews production records for conformance to procedures.
- Participates in start-ups in accordance with inspection
- Troubleshoots recurring defects and quality problems.
Recommends disposition, modification and corrective actions for
recurring or non-recurring discrepancies.
- Participates in mold qualification/validation process.
- Audits, maintains and generate accurate quality records, logs
- Ensures documentation and procedures are in compliance with
customer specifications, industry standards and standard operating
- Maintain files for batch history records (BHR). Review BHR's
for completeness and accuracy. Fills out lot history closeout/Batch
Release form. Work and follow up as needed with shipping to
complete necessary information on Certificates of
Compliance/Analysis for product shipments.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and
- Reviews Statistical Process Control (SPC) data in Predisys.
Maintains integrity of SPC data by correcting input errors and
follows up with retraining of inspectors if needed. May view SPC
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as
needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements
of the department/position.
Job Specifications: The minimum education and experience
required to perform this job competently.
- High School degree or GED certificate and 1-2 years of
inspection experience in injection molding, metrology, machine shop
operations or similar industry/environment.
- Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Use of some judgment and the making of minor decisions in
carrying out instructions following prescribed routines, methods
- Requires use of simple arithmetic (addition, multiplication,
calculate averages), and ability to compile statistical reports and
produce machine capability reports.
- Basic knowledge of blueprints, measuring and test equipment,
SPC software and measurement techniques, and quality calibration
- Basic knowledge of process control charts, process capability
studies and other statistical analysis applications.
- General knowledge of SPC and Predisys.
Organization Linkages: Titles of individuals and organizations
with which this position has the most frequent and significant
- Quality Assurance Team
- Quality Control Team
- Manufacturing Team
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity
employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Jabil Circuit, Worcester , Quality Technician, Other , Clinton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!