PCA II - Ambulatory, Womens Services OBGYN
Company: UMass Memorial Health Care
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Requisition #: 214479
Title: Patient Care Associate II - Ambulatory
Department: Women's Services OBGYN
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center - Memorial Campus
Posting Date: 03/16/2021
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
- This is a float position within Women's Health to assist in
covering other clinics if there are sick calls and as needed.
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) and/or LIP (licensed independent
practitioner) and in keeping with unit specific standards, provides
patient care to meet the personal needs and comfort of patients;
and assists members of the health care team.
- Escorts patient to examination rooms. Takes and records vital
signs and EKG's. Assists physician and others in clinical
procedures as required or directed. Performs other basic clinical
procedures such as venipuncture and measuring and recording
patients' height and weight as directed.
- As an integral member of the patient care team, serves both
internal and external customers including patients, nurses,
physicians and other colleagues who support the delivery of care
- Provides clear, timely communication to the R. N. , L. P. N.
and/or L. I. P. regarding observations and changes seen in
- Assists in moving, lifting, positioning and transporting
patients by utilizing fall prevention alternative
devices/strategies as directed, and following the Restraint Policy
standards when caring for a restrained patient. Utilizes proper
safety techniques and body mechanic in all work-related
- Performs EKG's, phlebotomy, performs Point of Care (POC) tests,
according to hospital standards. Collects, labels and prepares
specimens for transport to lab. Performs selected unit specific
procedures such as checking status of unit equipment, cleaning
equipment between patients and proper storage of supplies.
- OBGYN experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of EPIC EMR a plus.
- Must have certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA),
- Medical Office Assistant (CMOA) or Registered Medical Assistant
All internal transfers and all new hires to this position must
obtain a CNA or Certified Medical Assistant credential administered
by a recognized school which is accredited by the Department of
Health or must have ARMA registration (includes a program outside
of hospital or UMassMemorial PCA orientation program and employed
in this capacity for minimum of three years). One of these
credentials must be obtained no later than six months from date of
transfer or date of hire. If certification is not obtained within
six months of hire/transfer, the employee will be terminated, or
employee may bid on an Inpatient PCA job (should an opening
Minimum of a high school education or GED required. Current
Basic Life Support or Heart Saver certification required.
Minimum of a high school education or GED. ARMA registration
(includes a program outside of hospital or UMass Memorial PCA
orientation program and employed in this capacity for minimum of
three years), or Current CNA and/or Certified Medical Assistant
certification from a qualified program is required. Current Basic
Life Support or Heart Saver certification from the American Heart
Association is required. One of the following is required:
- Nursing student who has completed at least one clinical
- One-year experience as a Patient Care Associate and has
completed all unit based competency requirements, or
- One-year experience in an equivalent role to a PCA.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English in a
clear and concise manner.
- Must utilize proper safety techniques and body mechanics in all
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to gather information
from individuals, build relationships that support collaborative
work within the clinic and provide exceptional service to
- Must have proven interpersonal skills to provides respectful,
culturally and age appropriate communication with patients, staff,
family, visitors and others.
- Must have proven problem-solving abilities for routine
situations and requests assistance from identified resources when
more direction is needed.
- Must be able to remain calm when under stress or in emergency
- Demonstrates sensitivity and responsiveness to patients needs
by acting as a source of information and approaches all
interactions with the intention of building positive rapport and
- Prior inpatient experience or acute care training or
equivalent, or Nursing student who has completed at least one
clinical rotation, or One-year experience as a PCA I inpatient and
has completed all unit based competency requirements.
Minimum of one year of administrative duties in a clinical
setting preferred. Medical Terminology and computer skills
Keywords: UMass Memorial Health Care, Worcester , PCA II - Ambulatory, Womens Services OBGYN, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!