Service Technician, Hydraulic Shop - Earthmoving (2nd Shift)
Company: Milton CAT
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Milton CAT is seeking an experienced Earthmoving Service
Technician to work in our hydraulic shop. Technicians are
responsible for the diagnosis, repair, reconditioning, overhaul and
maintenance of customer and company heavy equipment and components.
Depending on the location and assignment, the technician will be
responsible for some or all the functions and duties listed below.
These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal
work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as
Milton CAT is classified as an essential business, as we support
hospitals, grocery stores, landfill, waste, roads, bridges,
critical construction and transportation. We continue to maintain
business operations during this time, including hiring for open
- Second shift Monday - Friday from 2:00pm-10:30pm.
- Removes, disassembles, assembles, and installs components and
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical
- Determines reusability of parts in accordance with published
Caterpillar reusability guidelines.
- Orders replacement parts ensuring that parts ordered are
correct and complete at time of order.
- Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains equipment and
- Tests, measures, and adjusts engine and machine systems and
- Prepares, inspects and operates machines prior to
- Keeps up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and
- Prepares inspection and appraisal reports.
- Prepares accurate and complete service reports timely.
- Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance always
adhering to company policy.
- Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer
- Performs related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- Three years' experience as an Earthmoving Shop Technician on
- Experience on CAT heavy equipment or similar equipment.
- Proficient in mechanical systems (transmissions, engines,
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word,
- Strong problem-solving skills and be detailed oriented with a
high level of accuracy.
- Strong math skills.
- Able to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Heavy equipment service/maintenance knowledge.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service
- Maintain a tool inventory sufficient to perform assigned
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Associates degree in a related field is preferred.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your
supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT
or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online.
Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are
required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the
strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage
applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities,
veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial
consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to
further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA
Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer. Milton CAT is a Drug-Free
Keywords: Milton CAT, Worcester , Service Technician, Hydraulic Shop - Earthmoving (2nd Shift), Other , Milford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!