Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our Business Unit Lighting and Imaging offers challenging
lighting and image transmission solutions for applications in the
markets of automotive, aviation, medical devices, as well as
industrial and safety engineering. With production units in Europe,
North-America and the worldwide SCHOTT sales organization Lighting
and Imaging is a leading supplier for fiber optic components.
- Develop and design new products, procedures and methods for
customer applications, transfers to manufacturing and provide
on-going manufacturing support.
- Conceptualize products from drawings, sketches or verbal
instructions to develop and design products and improve existing
products and assembly procedures.
- Develop, maintain, and track project plans and schedules with
- Work directly with customers and through Sales department
regarding product development, customer requirements and
- Transfer new product information to the manufacturing
department and train manufacturing and quality personnel in new
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and sales.
- Maintain Project documentation including design updates, print
changes, routers, material lists, tooling, schedules, and
- Maintain engineering documentation, provide documentation to
sales for approval of customers.
- Provide support to Marketing for new product introduction,
logistics for planning and purchasing and to manufacturing for new
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' previous Engineering or Manufacturing
Engineering experience required.
- Strong technical acumen, problem solving, self-motivated and
- Project planning, quoting, and cost estimation experience.
- Effective communication skills: listening, writing, speaking
and oral presentations.
- Able and willing to work with others on a team.
- Due to the nature of work performed at our facility, U.S.
Person status is required.
- Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success
of our company. At SCHOTT, you will find a cooperative and dynamic
work environment which encourages you to share your innovative
ideas, supports your development and celebrates achieving successes
with your team.
- You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as
well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our
Keywords: SCHOTT, Worcester , Mechanical Design Engineer, Other , Southbridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!