Company: Compass Group
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Posted Date: Jun 30, 2021
- We have an opening for several
on-call Waiter/Waitress positions.
- Location: Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 100
Institute Road, Worcester, MA 01609. Note: online
applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Varies based on business needs. More
details upon interview.
- Requirement: Prior experience is
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may
be interested in joining our team.
Current Associates: This
position has a $250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would
like to refer? Have them apply to this
posting via this direct link or at
http://www.altogethergreat.com and ask
them to provide your name in the “If referred by current employee”
section of the online application.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative
concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly
established ourselves as the leading college and university
foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the
Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect
on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come,
especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We
foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and
Summary: Takes food and beverage orders and
efficiently delivers items to dining room guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and warmly greet guests in the dining room; takes food
and beverages in an efficient manner, following established steps
- Delivers food promptly and professionally; maintains safe food
handling and sanitation standards. Follows up periodically to
assist with any additional needs or requests.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of menu items and
ingredients. Advises guests on appropriate combinations of food and
drinks when requested; accommodates reasonable requests and notes
preferences. As needed, demonstrates knowledge of specialized diets
- Communicates directly with back-of-the-house staff to ensure
that orders are delivered correctly and special requests are
- Exhibits exceptional communications skills and demonstrates
ability to get along well with others. Remains flexible and patient
when communicating with guests and staff.
- Collects tickets and follow proper cash-handling
- Promotes a clean, safe and neat environment for guests.
- Maintains a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality
regarding personal or medical information that is shared.
- Promptly addresses complaints or issues; relays relevant
information or complaints directly to supervisor.
- Ensures that the dining room is properly set up prior to and
after the service period; keeps area clean and neat while meeting
established sanitation standards.
- Operates a variety of equipment, including fire extinguishers,
telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells and coffee
- Works with staff of other departments to perform job duties
during special events and functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Keywords: Compass Group, Worcester , WAITER/WAITRESS, Other , WORCESTER, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!