COVID Lab Manager
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Are you looking for a career that offers opportunities for
growth, continual development, professional challenge, and the
chance to make a real difference? Are you an experienced Medical
Lab Professional or desire to start your career in Medical Lab
Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting
opportunities to join our team as a Lab Manager in Westborough, MA.
In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused,
and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall
mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives" as we
combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Integrated Genetics Division of LabCorp is seeking a
Clinical Laboratory Supervisor for the COVID department at
Westborough, MA. As you may know, LabCorp was the first
national laboratory to launch molecular testing for the virus that
causes COVID-19 and we have performed over 50 million PCR tests to
The schedule for this position will be Monday - Friday,
- Directs lab staff through subordinate supervisors and/or exempt
- Manages the technical and scientific operation of a lab
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates and subordinate
- Recommends modifications to operating policies and
- Performs work and makes decisions that require the comparison
and evaluation of possible courses of conduct and the consistent
exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
- Works closely and cooperatively with Laboratory Operations team
to meet turn-around-time goals and site and company-wide
- Works with Lab Director/Site Director and Supervisors to
maintain technical standards and to provide quality assurance; use
quality monitors as a tool.
- Assumes other responsibilities or manage projects as assigned
to support company objectives.
- Accountable for the quality and timeliness of technical
procedures, compliance, and overall lab budget.
- Prepares performance reviews.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a biological or related
- At least 7 years of clinical laboratory experience (post
bachelor's degree) or 4 years of clinical laboratory experience
(post bachelor's degree) with a Master's degree.
- Two years' supervisory experience
- ASCP Certification Preferred
- Proven leadership skills, excellent communication and
interpersonal skills, proficient at multi-tasking, solid
organizational skills, and ability to be flexible
- Knowledge of CLIA, JCAHO, CAP and state regulations a plus
Keywords: Labcorp, Worcester , COVID Lab Manager, Other , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!