Senior Research Technologist
Posted on: October 14, 2021
The Integrated Genetics Division in Westborough is seeking a
Senior Research Technologist to join their team! The Senior
Research Associate is responsible for supporting user acceptance
testing (UAT) for a new LIMS system and test validations.
Responsible for troubleshooting assays and training lab and
clinical staff. Understanding lab processes as well as testing
methodologies is key to this role.
The schedule for this position will be: Monday-Friday
- Perform complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree
of quality and in accordance to established protocols
- Participate in verification and validation studies for process
improvements, new equipment, and new technology transfer
- Develop and execute thorough IT test cases to ensure the
accurate development and UAT of complex IT lab and reporting
systems from a business and functional perspective.
- Participate in the training of other Technologists, Genetic
Counselors and Directors
- Ensure all related documentation is complete and accurate and
ready for approval by supervisor
- Alert supervisor immediately to any concerns/questions
regarding sample and assay quality or integrity
- Ensure that technologists adhere to SOPs when performing all
- Ensure that all specimens are tested and repeated in a timely
and accurate manner
- Participate in troubleshooting assay and equipment issues
- Participate in scheduling and workflow management
- Participate in test launch and post launch activities.
- Maintain positive working relationships and effective
communication within and across teams.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in Biology, Chemistry,
Medical Technology or other related Life Science degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant lab experience (Lab
experience can be in any setting: research, academia, or clinical
- Minimum 1 year of clinical diagnostics
laboratory experience required at Technologist level
- Understanding of molecular genetics highly preferred
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory
information systems are a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent attention to detail with an understanding of
Keywords: Labcorp, Worcester , Senior Research Technologist, Other , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!