Overnight Patient Observer
Company: VPNE Parking Solutions
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Overview:VPNE Parking Solutions is a family-owned, fun, and
rapidly growing company headquartered in the Greater Boston Area.
We are the parking and transportation business partner to the most
prestigious health-care institutions, commercial property owners
and developers, financial institutions, and hospitality companies.
We promote growth from within and instill our company's family
values in an ever-expanding business. Our employees are energetic,
friendly, and proactive in helping VPNE build its brand.Are you a
dedicated professional who thrives in a fun, fast-paced,
team-oriented environment? Are you interested in joining a
community of employees who are spirited, driven, and diverse?If so,
park yourself at VPNE Parking Solutions. We are a recognized leader
in the hospitality industry, looking for people like you to help us
drive our clients' business and build their brand. Apply today to
jump-start your future!The role of the Patient Care Support (PCS)
Companion (Patient Observer) is to provide constant safety
observation of a patient identified to be at risk for causing
unintentional injury to him/herself or interfering with his/her
care. Patients requiring a Care Companion (formerly called a
sitter) could be confused, experiencing symptoms of drug/alcohol
withdrawal, at a high risk for falling or at risk for
elopement.Responsibilities:The Patient Observer functions under the
direction of the registered nurse responsible for the care of the
patient and in accordance with the individualized needs of the
patient. Nursing care is provided to the patient by nursing
- Reports to the nursing office for assignment.
- Communicates any change of assignment to the nursing
- Performs patient observation as assigned
- Documents patients behavior using the appropriate
- Obtains appropriate information at the start of the shift in
regard to care from Registered Nurse
- Patient conversation guidelines should be adhered to
- Monitors the safety of the patient and maintains safe
environment as directed by the registered nurse for ex: maintains
safety position in room when appropriate. (i.e., back to door) and
keeps patients in sight at all times.
- Monitors patient for escalating behavior.
- Accompanies the patient to the bathroom and testing as
- Demonstrates proficiency with the use of bed alarms.
- Patient's clothing and belongings will be placed in the
patient's closet away from the patient.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to provide
direct care to patients under the direct supervision of licensed
- Observes and reports patient's status and needs to nurse.
- Remains on duty until relieved by oncoming coverage or Nurse
discontinues coverage.The Care Companion does not watch patients
that are at risk for suicideQualifications:Years of Experience:
Entry LevelLanguage Skills: Proficient in English both verbally and
- Safeguards the privacy and security of patient information. The
employee complies will policies and procedures relating to the
hospital's privacy and security programs.
- Brings potential compliance issues to a manager, supervisor,
director or VP.
- Patient and Family Centered Care
- Conveys respect for values, preferences, and expressed needs of
the patient and family.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with patients,
families to promote patient health and well-being.
- Age & Culture
- Considers the individual needs of each person with whom they
- Interacts with sensitivity in the delivery of care/services of
diverse populations as needed.
- Reports to work in proper uniform as per departmental standards
and/or hospital policy.
- All Clinical Patient Support colleagues will maintain a
professional, courteous attitude toward patient, co-workers and all
- Safety Awareness
- Fosters a "Culture of Safety" through personal ownership and
commitment to a safe environment.
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions.
- Understands individual role/responsibilities in the event of a
hospital code. (e.g., Code Green, Code Red)
- Performs proper handwashing per CDC guidelines.
- Utilizes Chain of Command to communicate any identified patient
or staff safety risks.
- Reports patient status to oncoming staff in respectful,
- Is able to access payroll and manage personal clocking and
calendar in Time PC Application.Benefits:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with up to a 5% match
- Commuter benefits
- Childcare benefits
- Discount programs
- Short-term disability
- Accident insurance
- Life insurance#INDHSS
Keywords: VPNE Parking Solutions, Worcester , Overnight Patient Observer, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!