Company: Adams and Associates, Inc.
Location: North Grafton
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Responsible for assisting with the purchasing function for all
Center needs. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or
equivalent required. Associate of Arts Degree from an accredited
school preferred. One-year experience in Purchasing/Procurement
required. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft suite of
applications is required. Physical requirements include sitting,
standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing,
carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the
ability to lift 40 pounds and/or the ability to assess the lift
load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
- Types, files, processes necessary paperwork and perform other
clerical functions to further the Center---s purchasing
- Coordinates with other Center functional areas (Logistics,
Finance, etc. ) to ensure the integrity of purchasing procedures
and quality and quantity of goods purchased.
- Maintains an up-to-date file of small, female and minority
businesses. Conducts periodic analyses of purchasing activity to
ensure the Center---s compliance with established objectives
pursuant to purchases from small, female and minority
- Maintains vendor contact and qualified vendor/supplier
- Coordinates with Finance department to ensure accuracy of
pricing and accounts payable information.
- Conducts follow-up with vendors on past due orders. Notifies
others on Center of status of various purchases.
- May order goods and services from time to time as directed by
the Purchasing Agent, as well as working with BPA---s, PO---s, and
- Involved in the bidding process (RFP---s and RFQ---s).
- Work with the A/P clerk for invoicing, if applicable.
- Weekly follow up for PO---s and EPR---s with all
- Participates in weekly Triangle Meeting which involves Finance,
Property and Purchasing, to ensure documentation compliance with
- Complies with all provisions of the Center contract as related
to the Purchasing/Procurement function to ensure Financial Audit
compliance.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor---s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Adams and Associates, Inc., Worcester , Purchasing Assistant, Other , North Grafton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!