Customer Service Lead
Company: Ocean State Job Lot
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The Customer Service Lead is responsible for creating a positive
experience for each customer who visits our store and ensuring all
associates are trained in and follow the company's TREAT program.
This role is also expected to facilitate any fulfillment or
opportunities as it relates to OSJL's BOSS (Buy Online Ship To
Store) program. The Customer Service Lead is responsible for
creating the front end schedule and at times will be responsible
for opening and/or closing the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Engage with store customers through OSJL's TREAT model to provide
an optimal customer experience, and ensure customer experience
expectations are met and/or exceeded
* Manage front end expectations. Support the completion and
execution of the cashier work and break schedule.
* Ensure the front end of the store is well maintained and stocked,
which includes, but is not limited to, register racks, end caps,
powerlane and service desk
* Promote and properly execute company wide customer engagement
campaigns, which include, but are not limited to, donation efforts,
Insiders, BOSS and Crazy Deals
* Use store level reporting to ensure company promotional
benchmarks are being met. Benchmarks include, but are not limited
to, those related to the following efforts, donations, BOSS,
Insiders and Crazy Deals
* Act as a liaison between the customer and the corporate customer
service team to ensure effective service to all customers
* Resolve customer service related opportunities in the best
interest of the company and the customer
* Facilitate fulfillment of BOSS orders upon request by customers
* Act in compliance with all Company policies and procedures
* Assist with onboarding and training of front-end associates
* Assist in leading front-end initiatives
* Responsible for opening and/or closing of store as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum 1-3 years of professional experience in other retail
* Prior customer service experience, training experience, and prior
merchandise ordering, receiving, stocking, and maintenance
experience in other retail environments preferred
* Computer skills (email; Google platform i.e. sites, slides,
drive, docs, sheets; Qlik)
* Effective Communicator: You possess strong communication skills
and have the ability to build and maintain a culture of trust and
* Team Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others
(even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company
and client. You commit time, focus, and energy to develop future
OSJL leaders by motivating them around a common purpose and
* Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be
capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive
manner. You understand the tools and processes needed to meet
larger strategic initiatives.
* Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and
ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and
* Organized: You lead by example in serving all of our
stakeholders: customers, owners, communities, and fellow
* Time Management: You are able to handle multiple projects at
once, and can organize multiple projects around given
* Leadership: You are a leader and exhibit that in your everyday
work. You pride yourself on developing your leadership skills and
working with a diverse group of customers and associates.
* Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal
potential. This position may require extended periods of moving,
remaining stationary, ascending, descending, and/or positioning
oneself to complete various tasks throughout the shift.
* Some sedentary activities and near vision use for reading and
* May be responsible for physical activities including counting
cash, using hand tools, ascending or descending a ladder, moving,
reaching, and lifting on a frequent basis: should be able to lift
35 lbs on a regular basis.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You
may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other job duties
and tasks, some of which may be essential to the position.
Leadership has the right to revise this job description at any
time. The job description is not a contract, either express or
implied. You are an at-will employee, meaning either you or the
Company may terminate your employment at any time, with or without
Keywords: Ocean State Job Lot, Worcester , Customer Service Lead, Other , Whitinsville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!