Business Development Specialist
Company: IDEAL Industries, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:ANDERSON POWER PRODUCTS - (APP), a wholly owned
subsidiary of IDEAL INDUSTRIES, Inc., is an industry leader in the
design and manufacture of electrical power connectors. Anderson
Power Products partners with leading edge companies to create
innovative connector designs that leverage contact technology and
high power expertise to provide superior value to the power
electronics industry. Applications include leading edge technology
and next generation power requirements in industries such as
alternate energy (wind, solar, fuel cell), datacenter and server
power supply design and electrical distribution, electric vehicles,
LED lighting, and battery charging.
IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. is a global, growing multi-national
corporation creating some of the world's most innovative
technology. Our products have been instrumental in helping mankind
reach from the South Pole to the Moon by serving technicians and
trade professionals across a wide range of industries, from
electrical to construction to aerospace to automotive. Yet, at the
heart of all of this, we are a family business. This unique balance
makes us unlike any other company. It allows us to plan in
generations, not quarters. It gives us the patience to let
industry-transforming innovations come to fruition. And the ability
to invest in our communities, bringing jobs and capital to the
places we live.Responsibilities:SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for driving
sales growth with current and new customers. Success in this role
requires the ability to successfully interact with new and existing
customer and driving the lead to qualification process. Present an
in-depth knowledge of our products and solutions; to identify and
develop opportunities and close sales. This position reports to the
Customer Experience Manager.
- Follow up on leads generated from online marketing, tradeshows,
and other sales and marketing activities.
- Maximize usage of phone and email-based communications to reach
current, prospective, and inactive customers to increase
- Network and prospect for new customers and ensure new customer
- Develop thorough understanding of each customer's industry and
business in order to recommend specific products and solutions to
fit their needs.
- Build relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Provide customer quotations and product samples.
- Follow up with the customer to ensure that the requested
information, quote and/or samples arrived, answer any questions and
identify when an order is be anticipated.
- Consistently meet or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly and
annual goals, and report on lead KPI's.
- Identify and resolve client concerns and technical
- Manage and track progress on every lead from receipt through to
- Support key accounts, manufacturer's reps, and outside sales
with purchase orders, inquiries, and expedites as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.Qualifications:MINIMUM
- Bachelor's degree in a business administration or related
field, (AND) two or more years of experience in an inside sales or
consultative sales role, supporting either pre-sales or post-sales
functions; (OR) an equivalent combination of education and
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge and experience with CRM or similar sales
- Experience with lead follow up and engaged customer
- Customer support/inside sales experience with European
- Portrays company and oneself in a professional manner over the
telephone and in written correspondences.
- Excellent interpersonal business skills including the ability
to communicate effectively and build strong customer
- Good time management skills.
- Self-motivated and driven for results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and
- Exposure to MRP/ERP preferred.
Keywords: IDEAL Industries, Inc., Worcester , Business Development Specialist, Other , Sterling, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!