Information Center Supervisor
Company: Middlesex Savings Bank
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Reporting to the Information Center Assistant Manager, the
Information Center Supervisor assists in ensuring that the
department functions in an effective and efficient fashion.
Oversees the development of assigned Customer Service
Representatives, supports Information Center sales goals and
assists staff in meeting related goals. Promotes good customer
relations through the transacting of a wide array of banking
transactions. Performs functions, within scope of authority and
expertise, to provide the highest level of service and
responsiveness to customers, co-workers and staff.
- Identify, support and resolve the service needs of both
internal and external customers in a fast-paced environment that
requires accuracy, multi-tasking and effective listening and
- Leads by example acting as an active part of the team. Performs
limited functions of a manager in their absence. Follows through on
tasks and assignments, manages time and priorities effectively and
demonstrates flexibility. Expresses ideas well and clearly; uses
professional written, verbal and electronic communications.
- Assists the trainers with their new trainee according to our
department trainee program.
- Completes on a rotating basis the department monthly
- Updates the department procedures on an ongoing basis with
supervisor team to ensure the procedures are current with any
changes that may occur.
- Builds a positive rapport with a diversity of personality
types, maintaining a professional attitude and a positive
- Navigate multiple computer applications while interacting with
- Understand which products/services will work best to
successfully meet customer needs.
- Interact with customers via the phone, chat sessions from the
public website or within online banking.
- Respond to customer voice mail and email messages.
- Process account transactions, research requests and account
- Demonstrate an understanding of the multiple ways customers
bank using online and mobile technology and branch offices. Explain
the services and various channels.
- Identifies and assists with the migration of customer
transactions to alternative delivery channels.
- Identify and report fraud or suspected fraud occurrences. Is
continuously aware of fraud engineering threats and steps to take
to protect customers and the bank.
- Provide online banking assistance with password resets, secure
access codes, bill pay and stop payment requests.
- Provide assistance with debit card travel alerts, daily limit
increases, card activation/deactivation, suspected fraudulent
transactions and new card orders.
- Assist with loan applications. Address basic and complex loan
- Meets expectations for all call center related statistics,
including but not limited to measurement of recommendations, team
call audits, team call monitors.
- Complete all training requirements on time.
- Identify process improvement ideas with the supervisory
- Protects customer information by following department security
guidelines and procedures.
- Complies with all applicable regulatory and department
practices and procedures.
- Represents the Bank through active participation in community
and industry organizations and events and promotes the business
interest of the Bank. Refers sales opportunities to other
departments or Bank affiliates in support of established
- Provides motivation to assigned staff by educating, coaching
and training new hires to recognize and fulfill Information Center
related sales and service expectations.
- Provides ongoing communication, coaching, and feedback to staff
regarding performance and goals.
- Coaches and supervises assigned CSRs in all aspects of service
to meet/exceed service, quality and sales goals, maximizing service
opportunities for first call resolution, mitigate risk and fraud,
and identify and solve to customer needs.
- Completes and authors call monitor coaching sessions of
assigned CSRs to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Assists in the scheduling, coordination, and delegation of work
assignments. Oversees and manages these functions in the absence of
the Information Center Assistant Manager.
- Performs various HR related processes, including goal setting,
performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Researches and resolves customer issues, complaints and
- Actively works with Information Center Assistant Manager to
meet or exceed assigned personal sales and service measurement
- Performs security routines, including opening and closing
department in accordance with procedures.
- Performs the functions of a CSR, as necessary.
- Responsible for resolving and responding to all
consumer/business customer issues received through digital channels
including eDeposit, P2P, email and secure bank mail
- Performs all duties independently in accordance with applicable
security and regulatory practices and guidelines. Complies with all
Bank policies including those pertaining to confidentiality, email,
and business attire. Protects customer information by following
department security guidelines and procedures.
- Maintains proficiency in regulatory compliance and industry
developments and apprises staff of same.
- Oversees the quality testing of new or enhanced products or
services and reports issues to Information Center Assistant
- Completes all prescribed training in a timely fashion and
ensures assigned staff completes training, as requested.
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be requested.
- Keeps management team informed of system issues and/or
- Consults with Assistant Manager where clarification or
exception to Bank policy may be required. Associates degree or
equivalent work experience. Additional requirement include three to
five years of related experience, preferably in a supervisory role.
Demonstrated leadership ability. Must be willing to work in an
environment that requires phone-based customer interaction. Must
possess knowledge of math principles and be able to perform basic
mathematical procedures. Demonstrated customer service, sales,
organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Must
possess strong attention to detail. Must possess at least
intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of word
processing, spreadsheet applications and SharePoint. Familiarity
with multiple browsers, multiple tabs and windows navigation. Must
demonstrate initiative and ability to make decisions independently.
Must be able to work extended, weekend and some holiday hours.
Scheduling flexibility required. Middlesex Savings Bank is an EOE
AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer
Keywords: Middlesex Savings Bank, Worcester , Information Center Supervisor, Other , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!