E-Learning Instructional Designer
Company: Wilson Language Training
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Summary: The Instructional Designer supports the Program
Development Department's work in the creation of dynamic,
innovative and highly interactive learning experiences for the
instructors and trainers of Wilson - programs. The Instructional
Designer will be responsible for translating storyboards, creative
designs and conceptualizations into interactive e-learning
opportunities to facilitate the acquisition of knowledge, skills,
and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Design a variety of instructional materials for traditional
instructor-led courses, online programs, e-learning products, and
other programs as needed.
- Create engaging and interactive learning activities and
compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer of
- Develop materials for courses based on information provided by
Wilson's subject matter experts, professional learning team, and
instructors to maximize learning outcomes.
- Create realistic objectives for learning or performance for
educators and trainers.
- Determine the criteria to evaluate the learner's performance
and develop assessment instruments.
- Redesign courses for online presentation that are conducive to
distance learning programs while still adhering to academic goals
- Recommend changes to existing courses, including technology, or
instructional methods, to better adhere to delivery options.
- Analyze courses to ensure they meet or exceed Wilson standards
and provide reports for leadership review.
- Adapt coursework to assist learners with disabilities so that
they are able to experience the same learning opportunities as
- Collaborate with other Wilson teams to launch new and updated
courses and trainings.
- Maintain project documentation and course resources.
- Troubleshoot, problem solve, and edit coursework as
- Remain aware of all emerging trends in instructional
technologies and make recommendations about when to adopt certain
systems to continue to offer the best learning experience
- Understand and display WLT's values.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven work experience in instructional design and e-learning
- Strong knowledge of learning theories and instructional design
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills.
- Solid knowledge of course development software (Articulate,
Captivate) and learning management systems (LMS).
- Visual design skills (Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio
- Must be able to work with multiple priorities in a fast-paced,
- Must be collaborative and be able to work independently.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional project management and problem-solving skills.
- Should have a background in accessibility, usability, and
experience design, information design and communications, as well
as knowledge of instructional design models, strategies, and best
- Experience building SCORM 1.2 and 2004 courses, with Articulate
course development tools preferred.
Special Competency Requirements:
- The ability to conceptually and intuitively understand how
- Know how to connect with an audience on an emotional
- Be capable of imagining oneself as the learner/audience
- Brainstorm creative treatments and innovative instructional
- The ability to convert a classroom lecture to a creative,
innovative, interactive online course that helps students learn
more efficiently and retain their newly acquired knowledge over
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface,
interactions and the finished product.
- Meld minds with Subject Matter Experts and team members.
- The ability to work collaboratively to problem solve challenges
encountered throughout the design process.
- Know the capabilities of eLearning development tools and
- Understand related fields-usability and experience design,
information design, communications and new technologies.
Education or Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, education,
educational technology or an equivalent field
- Master's Degree preferred.
- 2-4 years minimum (5+ years preferred) experience in
instructional design and e-learning development
- Expert Level - skills using Articulate 360 (Storyline and
Rise), Adobe (Captivate) or similar technologies
- Video/Audio editing
- K-12 teaching experience preferred
- Background/skillset in graphic design preferred
Wilson Language Training is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free
Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace.
Keywords: Wilson Language Training, Worcester , E-Learning Instructional Designer, Other , Oxford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!