Cert Occup Ther Asst
Company: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC
Posted on: June 23, 2022
- NEW!! Full Time Opportunity
- Join the Encore Team and love where you work!
- Also hiring for PRN
POSITION SUMMARYProvides occupational therapy services to residents
by assisting in the assessment, treatment, program planning and
implementation, related documentation and communication. Functions
under supervision of the occupational therapist.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides occupational therapy services to residents under the
direct supervision of an occupational therapist.
- Assists occupational therapist in the evaluation process in the
areas of self-care, homemaking, functional mobility and
coordination. Assists in the evaluation of other areas as
- Identifies indications for and assists in evaluations at
appropriate intervals under the direction of the occupational
- Assists the occupational therapist in identifying a problem
list, short-term goals, long- term goals and treatment
- Conducts both individual and group treatment as assigned by the
occupational therapist and outlined in the treatment plan in the
areas of ADL, functional mobility, ROM, strength, coordination,
cognitive/perceptual remediation and functional
- Assists in the selection of occupational therapy
techniques/media and in the sequence of activities, adapts
techniques/media as indicated by resident performance and following
consultation with the occupational therapist. No major modification
to the treatment plan is made without prior consultation with the
- Assists in establishing and modifying individual resident
schedules in conjunction with the occupational therapist and other
- Adheres to department and resident schedule and modifies as
appropriate for treatment regimen.
- Maintains acceptable resident care ratios as determined by the
- Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices or other
equipment; trains resident, family and appropriate staff in the use
or application of the above.
- Participates in resident, family and staff education.
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in
coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the
- Adheres to Occupational Therapy Department procedures regarding
documentation of occupational therapy services.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
practice, department procedures and productivity
- Records indirect time and billable treatment times according to
Occupational Therapy Department procedures and submits
weekly/monthly statistics to regional office.
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to
facility/company safety standards.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and
OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation,
planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers,
residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and adheres to schedule maintaining
acceptable patient ratios and work efficiency during assigned
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance program as
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QualificationsRECOMMENDED MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONSAssociate
Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited
program.Successful completion of the National Certification for
OTA.Current state licensure or license eligible.Regular
attendance.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORK ENVIRONMENTThese
essential functions described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the basic functions of a
certified occupational therapy assistant. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform these essential functions.Physical requirements for this
position are classified as medium under the Department of Labor
classification. The employee must be capable of exerting 20-50
pounds of force occasionally (less than 1/3 of the time), and/or
10-20 pounds of force frequently (1/2 of the time), and/or up to 10
pounds of force constantly (2/3 of the time) to move objects,
equipment and/or residents. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, stoop,
kneel, bend or crouch; use hands to manipulate tools, equipment or
controls; reach with hands and arms, balance, lift and perform
medium to maximum transfer assists with residents. The employee is
required to have visual and hearing acuity sufficient enough to
assess resident safety and ability. This position is classified as
a Category 1 for the purpose of exposure determination under the
OSHA Regulations regarding the Standard on Occupational Exposure to
Blood borne Pathogens (29CFR 1910.1030). Category 1 is defined as
all procedures or job- related tasks that involve an inherent risk
for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or
tissues, or a potential for spills and/or splashes of blood or body
fluids. The use of protective equipment and measures is required
for every employee engaged in Category 1 tasks.PI182714040
Keywords: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC, Worcester , Cert Occup Ther Asst, Other , Sterling, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!