Digital Fulfillment Solution Architect
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: June 24, 2022
As a Digital Fulfillment Solution Architect, you will be part of
the Architecture team in the Digital Organization of Bjs and will
be responsible for designing technical solutions for the
initiatives in the digital fulfillment area. The software solution
should adhere to the principles of high availability and
scalability. You will guide the engineers through the
implementation of your design. You should have experience in IBM
Sterling Order Management System (OMS) or an equivalent OMS
Product. As an Architect, you will also review the current trends
in technology and apply them to improve the existing architecture
by making it scalable, reliable and durable. The role will provide
leadership to the engineers by mentoring them on software
architecture principles and engineering
- Architect and design new fulfillment solutions like Inventory
Microservice, Safety Stock Engine, In-store fulfillment
- Lead performance tuning, backup/recovery and security of Order
Management System Database. Proactively design and scale backend
systems to support business growth.
- Design software systems and applications at scale for higher
availability and resiliency in Cloud environment using appropriate
programming languages (like Java, Nodejs, python etc) and right
database solutions (Relational or Non-Relational, Columnar or Row
- Analyze current technologies used within the Digital
organization and determine ways to improve
- Guide teams composed of top engineers, designers and quality
engineers to build products, solutions and engineering processes to
assist in managing the entire product life cycle 'idea to
- Champion software engineering process improvement initiatives
across Digital organization
- You will deliver proof-of-concept solutions to validate the
- Be involved in the technical community
- Must be able to work independently or on a team
- Write code for creating POC and building some complex
- Be part of a Scrum team doing full-stack design and development
to deliver high quality solutions
- Create and Maintain documentation related to System
Architecture, Solution Design and Standards.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Present technical solutions to a wider audience of Directors,
Developers, Support Engineers
- Apply performance engineering principles when designing
Technical Solutions and reviewing the metrics through the product
lifecycle to ensure the final product meets the required
- 10+ years' experience in a software engineering/architect
- 5+ years in IBM Sterling Order Management Systems.
- Should have integration experience on ecommerce Platforms,
databases, ERPs, Payment gateway and Warehouse Management
- Must have worked on designing systems that are based on API
architecture using REST API Design principles.
- Must have good understanding of Microservices Design patterns
and experience in designing microservices using Spring Framework.
Must have implemented or have a good knowledge of event driven
architecture in microservices.
- Coding experience in programming language like Java, Python, C,
Unix Shell. and reactive microservice framework like Java Spring
- Development experience in both Relational Database like MySQL,
PostgreSQL, DB2 and Non-Relational database like DynamoDb, MongoDb,
Elastic Search, Graph DB etc.
- Development experience with Cloud environment like AWS
- Experience with containerization technologies, including:
Docker, AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS) or Kubernetes
- Development experience in building high throughput and
resilient messaging solutions using Kafka, Rabbit MQ, IBM MQ
- Experience using In Memory Caching solution like Redis,
- Exceptional documentation skills
- Ability and desire to learn new patterns and technology at a
- The candidate should have an understanding of modern security
standards such as OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML and
- Must have experience and good knowledge on DevOps principles,
practice and Tools.
- Should have experience working with an API gateway product like
IBM APIC, MuleSoft etc and a CDN solution like Akamai,
- The candidate should be familiar with DevOps practices such as
source control, builds, testing, deployments, release management,
- Should have an understanding of APM tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze performance and scalability
- You are self-starter, enjoy challenging problems, and
continuously improving yourself and others around you by constantly
challenging the status-quo
- Must have a bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in
computer science or related disciplines such as mathematics or
- Demonstrated history of successful software projects.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Worcester , Digital Fulfillment Solution Architect, Other , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!