ROW Field Biologist - US Northeast
Company: ACRT, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We empower the best people to help sustain our world. 100%
employee-owned. Independence guaranteed.Company:ACRT, Inc.The ROW
Field Biologist will undertake a variety of field procedures of a
technical nature in support of our Research, Science, and
Innovation (RSI) and Integrated Vegetation Management (IVM)
programs. The primary function of the ROW Field Biologist will be
to conduct field surveys (vegetative, invertebrate, etc.) along
utility corridors in remote, suburban, or urban environments.
Travel for the duration of long- and short- term contracts is
required . Location is primarily across the Northeastern US. The
position may require collection of samples or substances such as
plant matter (stems, roots, foliage, associated bacteria, fungi,
pests), soil samples, and invertebrates. The selected candidate may
work in conjunction with the RSI laboratory team to meet project
objectives and deliverables. You will report findings to the
Environmental Biologist Supervisor, Operations Managers, and the
Director of Research, Science & Innovation. This position requires
experience in low hazardous handling conditions (e.g., poisonous
plants, Ivy, Oak). The successful candidate will prioritize safety
and will be passionate about performing efficient, exemplary work
for the projects ACRT is awarded. The goal of this position is to
optimize RSI and IVM field operations and to produce quality,
reliable data that can be used to generate reports for our
customers which represent the skills and qualities of our
organization.Pay range: $18-$20/hr commensurate with experience,
plus overtime. Accommodations, meals, and company vehicle
provided.Duties & ResponsibilitiesEssential & Non-Essential Duties
- Perform field data and specimen collection of both flora and
- Identify and delineate wetlands.
- Perform pollinator identification and sampling.
- Follow statistically valid sampling methods.
- Utilize various formats of mapping and GIS sources for
developing sampling points and locating them in the field.
- Maintain quality control standards to preserve data
- Coordinate research effort requirements with outside partners
such as utilities, state environmental and natural resources
departments, drone companies, etc.Working Conditions:
- Physical and technical tasks include:
- Drive to work site may involve interstate travel.
- Operate a 4x4 vehicle off road.
- Operate an ATV off road
- Remote Work Environment - US
- Field Work
- Significant Travel (up to 75%)Equipment, environmental and
- Driving cars, trucks
- Walking on uneven ground
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Exposure to extremes in temperature, humidity, or wetness
- Various forestry-related equipment, including but not limited
to DBH tape and various safety related equipment such as hard hat,
safety vest, safety glasses, etc.Physical Requirements:Field
- Frequent standing, walking, hiking, reaching, stooping,
- Ability to push, pull, and lift 50 lbs
- Handling of insect, soil, and plant material.
- Ability to carry 20 to 30 lbs. of equipmentQualifications:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 2-year degree in biology, forestry, environmental
science or similar
- Equivalent field experience may be accepted in lieu of
- Plant diagnosis and identification
- Working knowledge of MS Office and database systems.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Experience and proficiency using and managing data,
- Ability to work well with a team.Required Skills:
- Understanding of biological field sampling techniques.
- Creating a safe and effective working environment.
- Strong collaborator - must have ability to work effectively
with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively communicate in visual, verbal, and
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels in the
- Excellent time management, organizational and problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, creative and innovativeDesirables/Preferred:
- ISA Certified Arborist preferred.
- Familiarization with organization's culture of safety
- Familiarization with organization's footprint and work types
preferred. -Supervisor Responsibilities:
- NoneWorks with Inside Company:
- All employees and managersWork with Outside Company:
- Customers, vendors, and stakeholdersBenefits include: medical,
dental, vision, and life insurance; partially matching
401k#LI-ACRTEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: ACRT, Inc., Worcester , ROW Field Biologist - US Northeast, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!