Company: Columbia Tech
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionJob SummaryColumbia Tech provides Time to Market
Services at WARP SPEED™,including product development,
manufacturing, global fulfillment and aftermarket services.
Columbia Tech clients include innovation leaders in the
life-science, bio-discovery, alternative energy, semiconductor,
power management, LED, medical, data storage, homeland security and
robotics and automation industries. Columbia Tech is a subsidiary
of Coghlin Companies, Inc., a fourth generation, privately held
concept to commercialization firm. Columbia Tech was named one of
the "Best Places to Work" in 2017, and the team works hard to
maintain a culture and environment built on trust, respect,
continuous improvement, and innovation.The Buyer position provides
a single point of contact for the procurement and availability of
materials required for manufacture of customer's products. Working
with Epicor applications, this individual interfaces with project
managers and production planners to create a materials availability
plan to produce to. This position's specific responsibilities
include placing purchase orders on suppliers, managing delivery
schedules, ensuring on-time delivery of quality materials, and
managing inventory to meet service levels and inventory turn-over
targets.. Duties and Responsibilities
- Under moderate supervision performs tasks associated with the
role of tactical buyer, in support of commodity management, project
management and manufacturing operations.
- As Buy Reports are generated by the ERP system, review to
identify and action all buy, defer, expedite, or cancelation
signals for their appropriate parts portfolio.
- Negotiate at time of order placement any additional material
discounts and/or terms.
- Publish supplier open order reports to custom parts suppliers
and communicate any issues to production.
- Analyze buy messages to maximize VPA and discount terms
agreements with Tier 1 & 2 suppliers.
- Work with Production Planners to ensure material availability
to maximize production capacity.
- Review ECN's and recommend material effectivity date involving
new and/or parts substitutions to production planner.
- Ensure all purchased materials are in-house on time, and at
acceptable quality levels. Generate actions plans when criteria are
not met. Qualifications
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in technical or business
- Strong negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- NAPM or APICS certification (CPIM) desired.
- Technical knowledge of purchasing, logistics, planning, master
- Excellent interpersonal are essential along with sound judgment
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems, particularly Epicor.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally
be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office
setting. Physical Requirements
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to
this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills
required of all personnel so classified. Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Columbia Tech, Worcester , Buyer, Other , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!