Company: Adams and Associates, Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for working with Dorm Life team to
provide students on respective dormitory with a safe, clean and
structured living environment that fosters student retention,
satisfaction, achievement and success. Oversee respective dorm area
and uses proper judgment and discretion to resolve student and
staff issues and concerns. Provides individualized case management
to maintain student enrollment and success in the program. Works in
partnership with Dorm Life, Recreation and Safety and Security
staff to effectively supervise and manage the student population.
Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and
integrity of student data. MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION Manages
assigned students; may serve as the Acting Residential Counseling
Supervisor or Shift Manager as required. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no
manipulation of student data. o Ensures student case load meets or
exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Responsible to provide students with comprehensive and
individualized case management ensuring student progress, retention
and completion of the Job Corps program. Active member on Career
Management Team to ensure student success in the program.
- Establishes supportive/mentoring relationships with students
throughout their enrollment and provides personal, educational and
- Provides quality supervision to students in the dormitory. o
Conduct ESP evaluations of student progress. o Provide personal
counseling services to students. o Ensures the accuracy and
completeness of incident and shift reports. o Ensures the physical
security of the dorm area and reports concerns to Residential
- Maintains a safe and clean dorm environment.
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory per established
department reorder points and proactively orders supplies to meet
- Initiates work orders to make necessary repairs as required and
follows-up with maintenance to ensure completion.
- In the absence of the Residential Counselor Supervisor, will be
responsible to coordinate staff coverage to ensure student areas
are supervised and that staff adhere to rest and meal break
- Works with Residential Living, Recreation and Safety & Security
staff to ensure effective supervision of the student population.
Provides supervision and coverage on dorms, at the Welcome
Center/Security Gate, in Recreation, on the grounds and other areas
as needed and directed.
- Establishes supportive mentoring relationship with students. o
Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no
manipulation of student data.
- Contributes to Center culture by treating students with care
and respect, assisting students to achieve goals and to feel safe
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a
supportive work environment and recognizes staff
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and
accurate manner. o Maintains appropriate personal attendance,
accountability and work productivity standards. o Plans,
prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete
all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills
required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as
required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the
student population and positively influences student behavior.
Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable
for their actions and behavior.
- Provides timely operational support for Center operations to
ensure quality programs and services. Pursues improvement in Center
operations to fulfill program objectives.
- Communication: Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and
in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes
meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and
knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company
- Provide transportation as required.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies
problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior
to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure
prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure
effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center
Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments
to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments
- Other duties as assigned. i QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree (including 15 semester hours of social
service-related instruction) and one-year experience in counseling
or related field. A minimum of one-year Job Corps or related
program experience preferred. Must possess a valid Drivers License
and meet company insurability requirements. Physical requirements
include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling
and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching.
Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and/or the ability to
assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
Keywords: Adams and Associates, Inc., Worcester , Residential Counselor, Other , Grafton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!