Part Time All Hazard Preparedness Exercise Planner
Company: Summit ET
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: SummitET is seeking part-time exercise
support (Senior, Mid, and Junior Levels) to assist in delivering
preparedness exercises that include tabletop, functional, and field
training exercises. This includes supporting roles as exercise
planners, observers, controllers, and evaluators who will help plan
and develop both virtual and on-site exercises; perform tasks in
observing, controlling, and evaluating exercise play; compile
exercise play observations, conduct analysis of the achievement of
exercise objectives, and prepare comprehensive HSEEP consistent
after-action reports with observations, analysis, and corrective
action recommendations. On-site exercises will be conducted
throughout the United States and may require frequent travel.This
is a part-time as needed position. SummitET has a current need in
the state of Vermont contingent of contract
- Execute and complete work assignments as exercise planners,
observers, controllers, and evaluators via task through the
delivery of high-quality products and services by deadline from an
on-site or remote SummitET manager.
- Lead groups of stakeholders to design, analyze, conduct, and
evaluate discussion-based and operations-based exercises to examine
emergency management plans, processes, and procedures.
- Coordinate and maintain the relationship between SummitET,
client, and stakeholders to optimize performance and
cross-functional expertise and support performance, measurement,
- Analyze stakeholder requirements to develop clear, measurable
objectives to inform exercise design and evaluation materials.
- Apply emergency management experience to incorporate current
plans, doctrine, and policy into exercise concepts.
- Develop high quality products that can be presented to client
and stake-holder senior leaders audiences.
- Create and implement project management plans to ensure on time
delivery of multiple, concurrent initiatives.Position Requirements:
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: performing in
real-world roles and responsibilities involving incident or unified
command, emergency management, fire, law enforcement,
counterterrorism/WMD terrorism response operations, and
- Experience in leading or providing support to preparedness
exercises and performing various exercise roles, such as an
exercise director, observer, controller, evaluator, facilitator,
safety officer, and simulation or white cell.
- Comprehensive understanding of the National Incident Management
System (NIMS), Incident Command System (ICS), Presidential Policy
Directive 8 planning frameworks and federal interagency operational
plans; and the Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG) 101:
Developing and Maintaining Emergency Operations Plans.
- Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation training
- Excellent writing, grammar, and analytical skills
- Perform professionally and be professionally attired to the
standards of SummitET
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others,
and provide impeccable customer service.
- Maintain a professional level of fluency in Microsoft Office
suite of applications including Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Forms,
and Excel; and ability to master other basic software applications
as may be necessary.
- Quickly learn and maintain skills involved in designated
virtual platforms (Microsoft Teams and Zoom) as may be
- Must have a valid driver's license, able to travel on a
commercial aircraft, rent vehicles, and enter government facilities
pursuant to respective requirements.
- Possession of an active national security clearance a
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in the national security or
preparedness mission to include homeland security, emergency
management, hazardous materials, WMD/CBRNE, cyber security,
forensic or law enforcement science, or hard sciences.
- Master Exercise Practitioner Program Certification.
- Real-world significant threats and hazards response
experience.Experience requirements:Senior-level Planner/Support
- Minimum (10) ten years of experienceMid-level Planner/Support
- Minimum (5) five years of exerciseJunior-level Planner/Support
- Minimum (2) years of experience SummitET is an Equal
Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disability and participates in
Keywords: Summit ET, Worcester , Part Time All Hazard Preparedness Exercise Planner, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!