Room Service Attendant, Per Diem
Company: UMass Memorial Medical Center
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Requisition #: -231382Title: Room Service Attendant -Department:
Food Services Kitchen -Location: -UMass Memorial Medical
CenterGrade: 05Posting Date: 9/14/2022Shift: MixedStatus:
-Non-ExemptUnion: Non- Union -Hours: .01Shift Length: 8Position
Summary:Performs duties to ensure accurate and timely patient meal
services, including menu selection, tray assembly, and delivery of
food to assigned patients. Serves as liaison between patients,
Nursing unit, Dietitians, Food Service staff and Food Service
Management in the communication of patient special requests,
issues, and concerns. Works as a cooperative team member in support
of the established goals and objectives of the Food and Nutrition
Services Department.Major Responsibilities:
- Delivers patient trays as assigned, including regularly
scheduled meals, snacks, floor supplies and NOW trays. Assists
patients with proper positioning of food tray, reviews menu
selections with patient and opening of items as necessary. -
- Loads and pushes hot and cold food trucks to and from patient
units. Transports various related equipment to appropriate areas.
Loads and operates cart lifts, dumbwaiters and elevators.
- Responsible for completing the menu rounds process for assigned
patients to communicate menu system and record menu choices in a
timely and efficient manner. Adjusts menus accordingly for modified
diets. Reviews individual diet prescriptions with patients, as
applicable. Informs patients regarding appropriate food
alternatives/options as necessary due to dietary restrictions.
- Retrieves all patient trays and delivers to the main kitchen.
Cleans and restocks cart.
- Utilizes computerized menu planning system to generate current
diet order lists. Verifies for accuracy with unit charge nurse
and/or designee. -Position
- High School education or equivalent.Experience/Skills:Required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks under time constraints and
- Basic knowledge of unit weights and measures and basic
- Prior experience in a patient care capacity strongly
preferred.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: UMass Memorial Medical Center, Worcester , Room Service Attendant, Per Diem, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!