Special State Police Officer 40hrs Days
Company: Saint Vincent Hospital
Posted on: September 25, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The position of Police Officer will support the overall mission of
the St. Vincent Police Department to provide a safe and secure
living and learning environment for all members of, and visitors
to, our community. Members of the St. Vincent Police Department
play a direct role in promoting an inclusive and welcoming
environment that recognizes, respects, and values diversity in its
St. Vincent Police embraces a collaborative community police
relationship and strives to maintain a working philosophy of
Integrity, civility and dedication as the foundation of our
In addition to all patrol duties, the Police Officer is required to
perform all of the duties and must be able to work any shift,
during all weather conditions, including nights, weekends, and
overtime as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The statements below are intended to describe the principal duties
of the Police Officer and are not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all job duties and responsibilities.
- Patrols Hospital properties by vehicle and foot to deter and
investigate crimes in accordance with authority granted under
Massachusetts General Law Chapter 22C Section 63.
- Ability to detain suspects and make lawful arrests when
- Responds to administrative and emergency calls for service
within the Hospital patrol area.
- Provides first-responder medical assistance and directs
advanced medical personnel as necessary.
- Renders assistance to those in need
- Authors' well-written and highly detailed incident
- Performs traffic control and parking enforcement.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze emergency situations and
quickly develop incident actions plans to mitigate such
- Maintains compliance with the Department policies, procedures,
- Provide information to the general public and Community members
while promoting positive police - community relations.
- Works closely with municipal police and fire agencies as well
as local public and private businesses in the interest of fostering
a cooperative and coordinated effort in matters of campus safety
- Works closely with all St. Vincent Staff Members in an effort
to enhance public safety, with specific emphasis on crime
prevention and awareness.
- Has the ability to testify before the Commonwealth Judicial
- Participates in ongoing personal development program to include
all trainings activities i.e. on-the-job and in-service training
- Provides protective service to employees, patients, physicians
and visitors including escorts
- Assists nursing and medical staff with difficult patients or
- Assists medical staff with insuring patient safety.
- Responds to emergency alarms, code blues and other calls for
- Enforces hospital policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Candidate Selection and Certification Overview
St. Vincent Police considers academy-trained officers.
- Trained officers must have attended the bridge or full-time
academy authorized by the Massachusetts Municipal Police Training
All candidates must obtain certification as a law-enforcement
officer by the Massachusetts Peace Officer Standards and Training
(POST) Commission. In addition to POST certification, all
candidates must obtain their warrant of appointment as a Special
State Police Officer (SSPO).
St. Vincent Police will work collaboratively with candidates to
facilitate any necessary POST certification, and SSPO
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree in a criminal justice or related field.
- Highly efficient oral & written communication skills.
- Applicants must be age twenty-one (21) at time of
- Must possess and maintain a Massachusetts Class A Large
Capacity License to Carry Firearms
- All candidates must have a valid Massachusetts Class D
operator's license at time of appointment.
- Must possess and maintain First Responder and CPR
- Must provide three written letters of reference.
- Must possess the ability to work in all types of weather
conditions, shift assignments, and holidays.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
Saint Vincent Hospital
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Saint Vincent Hospital, Worcester , Special State Police Officer 40hrs Days, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!