Valet Attendant (8am - 5pm)
Company: Valet Park of America
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Valet Park of America Seeking Valet Attendants in the Worcester
Looking for full-time work (with benefits)? Are you customer
service friendly? Do you like the outdoors? Get exercise at work
while earning good money in a fast-paced setting. If you enjoy
driving, helping people, being outside, and being on your feet,
this is the perfect position for you. VPA is based in Springfield,
MA and has been a family owned and operated business since 1990. We
emplor nearly 1000 people across the Northeast, in a wide variety
of roles, and at many different locations.
We are looking for you to work and become part of our growing team
in Worcester. We've been providing services in the Worcester area
since 1994, and have been the parking provider at UMass Memorial
for much of that time.
This posting is for FT & PT Valet Attendants to work 8am-5pm M-F
shifts. We will consider FT and PT applicants for these hours.
Pay: Valets will typically earn $20-$25 and more to start between
base pay ($14.50/hour) and tips, often more.
Health/Dental insurance is available after 90 days (50/50
Earn up to 3 weeks time off by year 5, some PTO available year
401k plan after 1 year
Room for advancement! We pride ourselves on developing leaders from
within our own ranks whenever possible.
Why work for VPA?
* Positive company culture
* Numerous Benefits and Incentive Programs for Employees
* Company trips (such as professional sporting events or company
* Quarterly newsletter to update you on what's new with the company
and to inform you of new opportunities
* We promote management from within the company.
* At VPA you are not just a face, all levels of management get to
know each and every one of you when working side by side
* In this tough economy our company has still been growing at a
rapid rate providing new opportunities for staff
* Valet Park of America is committed to its customers, clients,
employees, and community.
* Scholarship Opportunities
General purpose - The primary purpose of this position is to greet
and assist customers, park their vehicles, and be a visible
representative of the establishment we provide services for. After
parking the vehicle, the attendant will run back to their station
and be prepared to assist the next patron.
Minimum Requirements: - All Valet Attendants are required to:
* Have your own transportation (driving experience)
* Have experience working in customer service
* Be over the age of 18 (due to laws about operating heavy
* Must speak fluent English to communicate effectively with
* License(s) required - The general Valet Attendant position
requires a valid Class D license to operate a motor vehicle. This
license must have been held for at least one year prior to
* A driving record will be required at the time of application, and
it must be approved for the applicant to be considered for a
position. The Class D license must be kept in good standing for the
duration of employment.
* Standing at least 8 hours a day
* Running to retrieve vehicles, 50 times a day or more
* Entering and exiting customers vehicles 75 or more times
* Lifting wheelchairs, strollers, walkers, baggage, gifts, etc. (in
and out of customers vehicles)
* Communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
Work environment - Outdoors for the duration of the shift.
Inclement weather (hot, cold, precipitation, etc) will have a
significant impact on the employees work environment. Shifts will
not be cancelled due to inclement weather and all employees will be
required to attend their scheduled shifts, and maintain a high
quality of work despite weather conditions.
* All employees must undergo a criminal records check
* Must be available to work weekends and holidays when
* Must have a neat appearance and good attitude
* All employees are hired on a 30 day trial period. If during that
time the employee does not perform their duties to the satisfaction
of management, they can be terminated without cause
* VPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Management will make all final decisions regarding employment
We are seeking both full time and part time staff. Applicants with
a background in customer service, hospitality, retail,
transportation, and security often make a good fit for this
position. We can accommodate day and night shift hours and are
flexible with schedules where possible.
We have great respect for veterans and active duty military and
encourage you to apply!%35280%
Keywords: Valet Park of America, Worcester , Valet Attendant (8am - 5pm), Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!