Wastewater Treatment Operator - Based in Southbridge, MA
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Wastewater Treatment Operator
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Waste
Water Treatment Plant.
- Handles the accumulation, distribution and disposal of all
facility hazardous waste.
- Operates and maintains the following process equipment:
equalization tank with float controls, diaphragm distribution
pumps, ferric sulfide addition mixing tank, sodium hydroxide
addition mix tank, pH sensors, diaphragm chemical metering pumps,
peristaltic chemical transfer pump, flow sensor, mixers, air
regulator controls, transfer piping and hose, Lamella Clarifier
with floculator mixer chamber and automated sludge collection
bridge, sludge dewatering and holding tank with mixer, diaphragm
transfer pump, micro screen rotary vacuum filter, vacuum pump with
separator silencer, filter precoat mix tank with mixer and portable
pH meters and buffer solutions.
- Daily inspections of all hazardous waste satellite accumulation
points and transfer waste under state and federal
- Performs all required preventative maintenance and cleaning of
equipment in the wastewater plant.
- Daily/weekly distribution of virgin chemicals.
- Cleaning of sludge pits/sinks.
- Proper completion of all required paperwork, i.e. labeling of
drums, hazardous waste log, manifest sheets, inspection
- Takes pH readings with portable meter to check accuracy of
on-line pH sensors and transmitters.
- Takes readings of clarifier effluent and final sewage effluent
to town treatment plant at our manhole in the street.
- Responsible for observing and following all Environmental,
Health and Safety rules and procedures. -
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Massachusetts Grade 2 Industrial Waste Water
- Minimum three (3) years' experience operating a wastewater
- Knowledge of DEP and EPA Rules governing hazardous
- Forklift license.
- RCRA and DOT training.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Good manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Due to the nature of work performed at this facility, US Person
status may be required.
Keywords: StarrTrax, Worcester , Wastewater Treatment Operator - Based in Southbridge, MA, Other , Rutland, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!