Retail Sales Associate
Company: Rocky's Ace Hardware
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Description: Cashier/Sales Associate
*Position Summary: *
This cashier position is responsible for maintaining helpful
customer service, processing sales quickly, accurately and
efficiently and performing cash register operations. The sales
associate position is responsible for the operations of our store
and plays a key role in providing
Amazing customer service by engaging the customer and determining
their needs and project requirements.
*Essential Duties: *
* Ability to combine amazing customer service with strong sales
* Perform all tasks in the store including such activities as
cashiering, product placement, receiving of merchandise, processing
shipments and/or store stocking, store cleanliness, sales, and
* Work with management team to achieve established sales and
* Assisting in maintaining the good working condition of store
* Work with management to develop and execute ideas and activities
to increase store traffic;
* Ensure that end-caps, dump bins and feature displays are properly
merchandised and maintained;
* Ensure each customer receives amazing service which follows the
Service behaviors and mystery shop standards
* Greet customers as they enter the store
* Answer phone calls
* Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements
* Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and maintain all
cash at registers
* Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies
* Solicit customers to open an Ace Rewards card
* Issuing receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers
* Attend mandatory monthly store meetings
Other responsibilities as assigned by store management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
No experience or formal education required. Experience in a retail
environment a plus.
*Language Ability: *
Must be able to read and interpret documents; speak effectively
before groups of customers or employees of organization.
*Math Ability: *
Should be able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic
concepts of math.
*Reasoning Ability: *
Should be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety
of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists; also be able to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
*Computer Skills: *
Must have ability to process information and/or merchandise though
a register system. Must have knowledge of retail computer systems,
electronic cash registers and Microsoft Word.
Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Epicor Eagle a plus.
*Certificates and Licenses: *
*Supervisory Responsibilities: *
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
*Work Environment: *
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Flexible hours of availability are required due to the demands of
the retail environment.
*Physical Demands: *
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
* Lifting at least 7 to 10 lbs on a routine basis; lifting may
exceed 40 lbs in certain instances;
* Bending, climbing and twisting are routine; the position requires
the ability to retrieve, stock, and move product;
* Manual dexterity; working with cash registers and computers,
assembly of some products; ability to quickly make appropriate
change for customers
* The ability to see and read product labels, dispense product
knowledge, and communicate with our customer base.
* Ability to stand and walk store consistently for up to 4 hours or
more at a time.
* Ability to physically handle all merchandise purchased by
customers to scan, bag and place back in the customers shopping
* Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the
store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set for
in the sales associate job description.
* Ability to restock all cash wraps area shelves with product and
ability to clean and dust all shelves daily.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 4 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Rotating weekends
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Northborough, MA 01532: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Rocky's Ace Hardware, Worcester , Retail Sales Associate, Other , Northborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!