Cook - Monday to Friday - $18.25
Company: SAGE Dining Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
SAGE Dining Services - is seeking a passionate cook to join our
team at a private school in Worcester with access to public
transportation. SAGE offers weekly pay, comprehensive year-round
benefits, continuous training, and room to grow your food service
* Monday through Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 7:45 p.m.
* Exception on Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:45 p.m.
* Available overtime for catering events with prior notice
*Pay Type: *
*Time Commitment: *
*What you'll get: *
* Benefits for full-time positions.
* Paid time off.
* Competitive wages paid weekly.
* Ongoing training.
* Career growth opportunities.
* Mission based company with values you trust.
* Uniforms and shoes provided.
*What you'll do: *
* Produce assigned hot and cold foods in a timely and accurate
* Provide meals that consistently exceed our guests'
* Ensure that all food is appropriately displayed and visually
* Interact cheerfully with SAGE guests and Team Members and provide
service with a smile.
* Prepare assigned menu items in strict accordance with SAGE
* Clean all work areas, equipment, and customer service areas on an
* Use proper food handling, storage, and sanitation techniques
* Adhere to SAGE's safety and allergy prevention policies.
* Assist in training new Cooks and culinary Team Members.
* Adapt to additional responsibilities as assigned by
* Endure exposure to extreme temperatures; intense heat and
*What you'll need: *
* Experience with cooking strongly preferred.
* Ability to set up a serving/action station.
* Ability to understand and execute recipes and instructions in
* Experience in customer service strongly preferred.
* Ability to interact with community and team in a cheerful and
* ServSafe - certification preferred, but not required.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You'd work
alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your
passion for culinary excellence. You'd also make a difference in an
academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with
made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students,
faculty, staff, and parents.
SAGE embraces the uniqueness of everyone in our family: Team
Members, suppliers, guests, and client communities. Our diversity
fuels our innovation, which drives our growth. Every voice
Guided by our founding principles of respect and partnership, we
offer fulfilling careers for Team Members, market access for small
local suppliers, and a joyful celebration of inclusiveness and
multiculturalism through the fresh, authentic, and yummy foods we
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with
hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a
restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant
opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE
Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in
food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years, and
we now serve independent schools and private colleges across North
America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for
the educational market to create exceptional dining experiences
that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Come,
rise with us!
Successful final candidates for the position may be required to
fulfill location-specific health and safety requirements.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of
employment or a comprehensive listing of position
Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are a candidate living in California, or applying for a
position in California, please visit
information regarding SAGE's California Privacy practices.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.25 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid sick time
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* 1 year
* Under 1 year
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: SAGE Dining Services, Worcester , Cook - Monday to Friday - $18.25, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!