Foreperson - Union - NTS
Company: Utilities Service, LLC
Location: North Brookfield
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Title: ForepersonThis position ensures the productivity of
daily operations, working closely with management to determine
recruiting/hiring needs, deadlines, and safety protocols to enforce
among crew. The Foreperson is responsible for troubleshooting
routine job site issues and engages all employees/contractors on
required training, managing, and mentoring.Nelson Tree Service
provides utility companies with line clearance services, upholding
a commitment to the highest standards of performance and
professionalism. If this sounds like you apply today!Nelson crews
are widely heralded as among the most well-trained vegetation
management specialists in the United States. At every level,
Nelsons leaders and employees know there is more to line clearance
than trimming treestheres that whole matter of reputation.Job Type
: Full-Time +, Non-ExemptPay : Competitive, HourlyBenefits:
- Benefits Available and Vary per position and locationEssential
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates, and assigns daily work for crew after
receiving/interpreting orders from a General Foreperson/Line
- Conducts field training/retraining, instructing crew on new or
revised job units.
- Enforces safe work practices, as experience, judgment, company
policy, and OSHA specifies and conducts safety training in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Discusses with property owner/customer(s) issues such as
obtaining access, power interruption, work to be done,
responsibility for apparent damage to property; refers
controversial cases to the General Foreperson.
- Obtains oral or written permission from property owners to
perform required work.
- Promotes and maintains good customer and public relations
through effective completion of assigned work and the appropriate
behavior of employees on the crew.
- May be delegated the authority to investigate incident reports,
damage claims, etc., and to settle minor damage claims.
- Maintains accurate records, timesheets and reports related to
the performance of the crew operation.
- Controls crew costs, including effective use of peoplepower,
work methods, operation of equipment, etc.
- Furnishes General Foreperson and utility representative with
reports of orders completed, units of work completed, crew time,
minor damage repairs and distribution, etc.
- Periodically furnishes reports on incidents, truck breakdowns,
private property damage, new employee follow up, etc.
- Cooperates with customers, police, and fire departments when
blocking streets or driveways.
- Sets up barriers, warning signs, flags, markers, etc., to
protect employees and safeguard public from hazards. In emergency
situations, determines action to be taken to eliminate hazards to
life and property.
- Inspects and makes or provides for necessary repairs to tools,
truck, and other equipment.
- Maintains good housekeeping on truck and at work location.
- Responsible for DOT maintenance and inspection requirements on
all required vehicles.
- Keeps informed regarding new equipment, specifications,
standard practices, operating procedures, and customer and company
employee relations policies and practices, including EEO and AA
policies. Requests repair or replacement, when necessary.Minimum
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Requires the understanding of drawings and symbols representing
lines, voltages, line equipment, etc.
- Must have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must have organization skills and be able to multi-task.
- Must be capable of adjusting to field requirements and take
independent action without close supervision.
- Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
- Must be able to work with hands above head for extended periods
- Due to the capacity of existing equipment, the weight of the
employee should not exceed approximately 300 pounds.
- Must have no fear of heights.
- Must be willing to join local union and pay union
dues.Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.Pre-Screen
- Upon offer, employees may be required to subject and pass a
pre-employment drug screen, background and/or MVR check.License &
- Valid Driver's License Required.Physical Requirements:
- RARE (less than 10%): crawling, climbing, gripping, lifting up
to 50 lbs.
- OCCASSIONAL (up to 33%): standing, stooping, kneeling,
squatting, body-twisting, sense of touch, manual dexterity, lifting
over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., reaching, range-of-motion, lifting,
carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, climbing stairs,
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): walking, sitting, climbing on/off truck,
reading, lifting up to 10 lbs.
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): speaking clearly, seeing distant,
seeing, hearing-speech-range, depth-perception, color
vision.SafetyDue to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry
and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment,
employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge
distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain
attention and concentration for extended periods of time, be able
to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work
assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as
necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a
day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be
capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or
10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and
comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and
communicate and handle conflict professionally.
- Works in proximity to energized power lines.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chain saw, wood
chipper and other equipment with hearing protection.
- Works in all temperatures and weather and will be exposed to
nature, i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects,
- Works at varying heights above ground and on unlevel
- Must be able to walk, climb, and work from ladders, or at
various heights, on uneven and slippery surfaces, performing
mentally/physically demanding work under unfavorable weather
conditions while handling equipment or material.About Us:At Nelson
Tree Service, we protect the reputations of the utilities we serve.
It is a defining component of our work, as we are the ambassadors
for the utilities that entrust us with their vegetation management
needs.We know what it takes to ensure a successful outcome in any
line clearance process. Property owners must be informed about the
work, and our crews must operate at maximum efficiency while
maintaining the highest levels of safety and quality.Nelson
personnel are provided with comprehensive customer service training
and a positive work environment, which ultimately sustains our
culture of excellence.Individuals must be able to perform the
essential functions of the position with or without reasonable
accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a
reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at
1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Utilities Service, LLC, Worcester , Foreperson - Union - NTS, Other , North Brookfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!