Coord,Residency Prog II
Company: UMass Med School
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Coord,Residency Prog II
3 weeks ago(1/5/2023 8:56 AM)
# of Openings
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the general supervision of the
Residency Program Director or designee, the Residency Program
Coordinator II is responsible for the coordination of a wide range
of diverse administrative functions for one or more
residency/fellowship programs and may also be responsible for
medical student elective clerkships in the Department. This
position functions as a liaison between all residents and fellows
and the residency programs at UMMS and affiliated hospitals, health
centers, and community physician practices.
- Primary liaison between the Residency
Program Director, Chief Residents, residents and GME Faculty with
the OGME and affiliated teaching sites concerning Residency Program
- Maintain proficiency in ACGME and Specialty Board requirements
and monitors program compliance.
- Manage and coordinate all administrative duties relative to the
resident recruitment and selection process. Manage computerized
Electronic Resident Application System (ERAS). Ensure completion of
application materials and maintain confidential applicant
- Schedule applicant interviews and coordinate "interview days."
Develop and maintain applicant data bases; staff residency
selection and applicant ranking committees; prepare and submit
resident Rank Order List to the NRMP.
- Assist in the design of and maintains residency program web
- Coordinate and administer, in consultation with the Office of
Graduate Medical Education, the timely and accurate implementation
of numerous personnel and regulatory procedures for incoming,
continuing and graduating residents.
- Perform data management, tracking, and reporting functions
utilizing various Graduate Medical Education software programs
including GME Track, Web ADS, and AMA FREIDA.
- Establish and coordinate with the Program Director and Chief
Resident, training site rotation schedules, clinic schedules,
electives and other Resident assignments; maintains accurate
records of resident schedules and provides documentation for
program accreditation, Medicare reimbursement and other
- Provide information, support, and problem solving for residents
and program faculty on a wide range of residency personnel and
- Assist with the development of orientation and curriculum
materials for residents and fellows.
- Assist with resident data collection for statistical
documentation of resident experience. Responsible for program data
collection and the preparation of all program accreditation
documents and internal review reports.
- Manage confidential resident performance evaluations as well as
evaluations of faculty and the educational program. Prepare reports
and correspondence related to highly confidential materials.
- Coordinate conferences, grand rounds, outside guest speakers,
and other formal didactic events
- Work on routine and special projects, including orientation
activities, graduation, resident retreats, in-service examinations,
- Schedule elective courses for visiting medical students on all
services in collaboration with other departments
- Maintain residency alumni data base, and alumni relations and
process credential forms for previous residents,
- Assist with the presentation scheduling at of residents at
- Maintain alumni data base and prepare all credentialing
documentation for program graduates.
- Provide administrative support for the residency program
director and associate program director.
- Manage program budget, accounting for residency related
- Perform other duties as required
- Associates degree in business or a related field, or equivalent
- 5 years of office experience in an academic medical
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Knowledge of developing evaluation instruments and monitoring
- Excellent interpersonal and oral, verbal and written
communication skills required.
Keywords: UMass Med School, Worcester , Coord,Residency Prog II, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!