Company: Eastern Connecticut Health Network
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Under the direct supervision of a Radiologist the CT Technologist
performs exams at a technical level that does not require direct
supervision over technical detail. This position requires advanced
medical imaging knowledge, including skill in cross-sectional
anatomy. A complete knowledge of all types of diagnostic CT exams
and interventional procedures is required. Uses independent
judgment, ingenuity and acquired knowledge to obtain quality
diagnostic images. Assists with interventional procedures.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent; graduate of an ARRT
approved Radiological Technology School program is required.
- Registration and certification with the American Registry of
Radiological Technologists and licensure with the State of
Connecticut are required.
- Must remain current with ARRT continuing education requirements
and maintain an active ARRT certificate.
- Advanced certification from the ARRT in Computerized Tomography
is expected from the incumbent within one year of hire.
- Must have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire
and maintain clinical competency during employment with ECHN in
- Must have a full knowledge of CT exams and interventional
procedures. Technologist must be capable of performing exams
- Must have complete working knowledge in the principals of
physics, anatomy, medical terminology, sterile technique and
radiation protection as it relates to CT practice.
- Must be able to speak, read and write effectively using the
- This position requires the incumbent work cooperatively with
department staff by sharing in taking rotational call and holiday
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be
construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are
intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and
responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and
competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- Assures that patient's clinical data coincides with and matches
the type of exam that is being ordered. Follows up with Doctor's
office when exam ordered is in question and does not seem
reasonable given the patient's clinical record.
- Assist Radiologist in interventional procedures. Coordinates
patient's medical needs with the Radiology Nurse. Assures that room
is properly equipped for procedure and cleaned appropriately post
- Assures female patients of child bearing ages are screened for
possibility of pregnancy.
- Demonstrates skill in IV insertion.
- Documents exams into radiology system to ensure proper
- Independently runs one's own schedule and properly documents
patient flow while remaining sensitive to patients care and other
co-workers needs and desires. Remains flexible in patient flow in
order to accommodate daily emergency calls and requests for
inpatient procedures. Assists in obtaining transportation for
patients when procedures are scheduled by internal Hospitalists,
- Demonstrates competency in performing all types of CT
- Processes CT exams utilizing the teleradiology system during
off shift hours. Able to trouble shoot problems and contact correct
help lines if necessary.
- Demonstrates the ability to choose correct protocols for
patients based on age and size.
- Accurately completes computer (Meditech) patient procedure
documentation. Assures the accuracy of documentation understanding
that all items will be charged to the patient's hospital bill.
Submits correctly documented and labeled exam to the Radiologist
and is available for review and discussion. Reviews each exam for
- Transports patients when needed.
- Performs quality assurance in accordance with the American
College of Radiology guidelines for CT.
- Reviews post instructions to patient (example: hydration, when
physician will receive results)
- Demonstrates ability to trouble shoot any electronic equipment
such as scanner, workstations, and printers.
- Independently responds on a call basis to perform procedures.
Drives to affiliate and/or contracted location to provide services
as may be required.
- Works cooperatively and exhibits Core Values at all time in
order to accomplish all tasks as a member of the Medical Imaging
Keywords: Eastern Connecticut Health Network, Worcester , CT Technologist, Other , Fiskdale, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...