UAI Food Insecurity (Work Study) 1 Position
Company: Worcester State University
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Department: Urban Action Institute
Job Title: Food Insecurity
Number of Vacancies: 1
SSTA Supervisor: Midaly Carrasquillo
Position Type: Non-Supervisory
Number of Hours Per Week: 4-6
General Statement of Duties:
The Urban Action Institute works to address food insecurity through
the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) office and
other activities on campus. Recently the UAI has been working on
piloting a campus grocery store. The Food Security, Work Study will
support the UAI's efforts to do outreach among our student body
about different programs and services available for individuals who
are food insecure. As well, this Work Study position will support
the different UAI initiatives around Food Security.
- Coordinate the SNAP Office hours
- Help students apply for SNAP Benefits (training will be
- Assist in the planning of the Empty Bowl Event on campus
- Connect with other offices and departments to promote UAI
events related to food insecurity
- Assist in the planning and opening of campus grocery store
- Make photocopies, answer the phone and provide general clerical
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and
2. Motivated, with demonstrated ability to work independently and
as part of a team.
3. Interest in social justice work.
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer which seeks to reflect the diversity of its
*This position is available for WSU students only*
Hourly Rate: $15.00
Students must apply online. A representative from the department
will contact individuals for interviews.
*This position is for students WITH WORK STUDY ONLY*
Please note - Students may not work during scheduled class time,
even if class is cancelled.
Keywords: Worcester State University, Worcester , UAI Food Insecurity (Work Study) 1 Position, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!