Investment Accounting Associate II
Company: MASS MUTUAL FINANCIAL GROUP
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Investment Accounting Associate II, Residential Mortgage Loan
Full-TimeBoston, MA or Springfield, MAThe Opportunity As an
Accounting Associate II in our Investments Accounting area, you
will contribute to our impact by ensuring the accurate, timely
completion of monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close cycles
for our residential mortgage loan asset classes. You will
contribute to the completion of the investment accounting of
financial transactions ensuring accuracy and compliance with
accounting regulations. This includes the monitoring and
governance, oversight, process change and transaction controls,
including those executed by third parties that provide accounting
services to the Company. You will also contribute to various
initiative work focusing on increasing efficiency and adding value,
while continuing to develop your project management skills, hone
your skills in investment product accounting and related financial
impacts. For the residential mortgage loan investment area, your
daily/monthly responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
the following:The TeamThe Investment Controllership team is a
high-profile team in the Controllers organization, comprised of
accountants who oversee our various asset classes and investment
activity. The team continues to grow in support of our growing
level of assets, key initiatives and special projects. Our team has
high business acumen and is driven to provide timely and accurate
financial information to our customers. We pride ourselves on
working with agility and being a reliable source of information in
the organization. We strive to continuously improve by working
together as team to make each other and our processes better. -Our
culture thrives on inquisitive approaches to our work to help
identify issues with specificity and demonstrate high levels of
accountability to make things right.The Impact
- Responsible for ongoing activities as part of the monthly,
quarterly, and annual close cycles.
- Prepares accounting information such as financial statements,
footnote schedules, regulatory reports and other management
- Plays a key role in a collaborative and inclusive culture by
working closely with Investment Management.
- Analyze trends and results, use strong business acumen and
communication skills collaborating with peers and the financial
reporting team to draft and contribute to commentary which enables
readers to quickly understand how performance is impacting
- Perform reconciliations of investment data for ledger tie outs.
Prepare periodic journal entries.
- Participates in creating, analyzing, and presenting monthly
financial analysis reports to senior management.
- Support annual regulatory financial statement audit requests.
Participate in auditor discussions.
- Thrives in an environment whereby the team is inspired, engaged
and motivated by identifying opportunities to learn and grow.
- Manages priorities effectively and adapt quickly to achieve
goals while developing efficiencies and established methods in the
- Uses professional insight to identify and implement accounting
improvements that increase the business value and efficiency of the
team. Initiates and/or leads increasingly complex projects and
continuous improvement activities that may span beyond the scope of
the team's responsibilities. -
- Implements new statutory and GAAP investment accounting
requirements and determines the accounting process for new
investments and investment related transactions.
- Develops, documents, and assures adherence to an internal
control framework that ensures accurate and timely financial
reporting. Makes recommendations to continuously improve the
overall control environment. Monitors the control environment of
investment accounting, including accounting performed by vendors.
Ensures policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Actively participate in the implementation of the Company's new
ledger.The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- 4+ years of related work experience with a track record of
increasing responsibilityThe Ideal Qualifications
- Prior exposure to investment or mortgage accounting a
- CPA or progress towards preferred
- Knowledge of STAT and GAAP accounting
- Strong analytical skills: ability to analyze financial data
sets and tell the story of the data.
- Proven ability to complete high quality work efficiently and
increase autonomy over time.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships across
cross-functional groups and third parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to express ideas in and articulate in an organized and
persuasive manner to leadership, staff, third parties, etc.
- Able to work well in a dynamic and agile environment.
- Intellectual curiosity to continue learning and adding breadth
and depth to understanding.What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and
- Regular meetings with the Investments Accounting Team -
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities -
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian,
Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and
disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a
strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and
Keywords: MASS MUTUAL FINANCIAL GROUP, Worcester , Investment Accounting Associate II, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!