Service Coordinator - Part Time
Company: Wayside Youth & Family Support Network
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Come demonstrate your passion for child & family empowerment by
joining the Wayside team!
SIGN ON BONUS OF $2000!! ($1000 after 30 days; $1000 after 90
At Wayside, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative,
and equity- focused community that approaches client care as a
matter of social justice. Wayside is one of Massachusetts' most
respected child and family serving agencies with program locations
across Central, Eastern and Northeastern Massachusetts serving more
than 6,000 children, young adults, and families each year.
Wayside thinks of our employees as whole people and invests in
benefits to support employee wellness.
- Tuition, training & student loan reimbursement
- PTO Package: 3 Wellness Days (time off), 9 Paid Holidays, Up to
3 weeks of vacation (in your first year)
- A learning environment - free training institute with thought
leaders, CEU trainings & program trainings, etc.
- Financial health supports
- Equity focused medical benefits
- Teamwork atmosphere Career development support - a great place
to grow your career!!!
Worcester East DCF office
Salary Range: $20.00 - $22.00/hour + $1,000.00 sign on bonus!
Wayside Youth & Family Support Network is hiring for a creative and
supportive individual to work in our Family Networks program
located in Worcester! Family Networks Service Coordinators develop
and maintain excellent working relationships with DCF
administration and staff in the Area Office. We provide a
supportive culture that is team-focused and places value on healthy
What you will do:
- Service Coordinators will accept and process DCF referrals to
Family Networks, following guidelines for family participation in
decision-making and facilitating Family Team Meetings.
- Assist in development of collaborative relationships among
community and contracted providers.
- Function as a resource for ongoing information and
problem-solving within the DCF Office on Network issues.
- Care Coordination: Send referrals to service providers.
Complete emergency placement searches. Complete placement searches.
Coordinate placement intakes. Coordinate services start dates.
Monitor the quality and appropriateness of services/placements
through treatment/utilization review meetings. Complete Duty Day
responsibilities Shadow Family Team Meetings. Build up to
appropriate caseload based upon standard expectations.
- Administrative: Provide electronic copies of action plans to
DCF and providers. Initiate/Input service referrals. Maintain an
organized calendar of meetings.
Competencies/Traits of Our Superstars:
- Candidates are encouraged to have a strong knowledge base in
DCF standards and practice and community-based services.
- Demonstrate skills in cultural competence, management,
negotiation, teambuilding, and effective communication, and
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate diplomacy by being a liaison between DCF staff and
- Ability to work independently (i.e. can self-direct on
projects, can propose project solutions in regards to their
curriculum area and lesson planning).
- Flexibility and creative thinking (i.e. ability to adapt and
adjust to changing work situations, recognize and respond quickly
when lesson/activity does not go as planned)
- Associate's Degree required.
- At least one year in a related field preferred.
- Billingual and diverse candidates encouraged to apply.
We will train you in: Motivational Interviewing; Courageous
Conversations; Attachment, Regulation and Competency Model (ARC);
Trauma Informed Practice training upon hire.
Wayside welcomes equity-minded applicants whose values align with
our goal of being a child welfare and behavioral health agency
committed to anti-racism, social justice, and advocacy. Successful
candidates are asked to be engaged in Wayside's dedication to
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.Bilingual/bicultural and LGBTQ+
applicants are encouraged to apply!
- Job Family 5435
- Pay Type Salary
Keywords: Wayside Youth & Family Support Network, Worcester , Service Coordinator - Part Time, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!