Senior Scientist I/II, Protein Analytics - Characterization
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Protein Analytics is seeking a motivated and scientifically curious individual for an important role in our analytical characterization group supporting development of AbbVie's biologics pipeline of preclinical, clinical and commercial products. The qualified candidate will support various Abbvie projects and serve as an analytical technical lead for multiple protein modalities including antibody, ADC and fusion protein therapeutics. The position will entail developing a deep understanding of the structure and function relationship of Abbvie molecules, characterization of low-level variants, assessment of protein stability, primary structure liabilities, analysis of post-translational modifications including glycosylation and multi-omics analysis of cell culture. The qualified candidate will present results at team and group meetings. The qualified candidate will be responsible for conducting experiments independently, communicating results at team meetings, authoring reports and contributing to AbbVie filings. Key Responsibilities:
- Independently develop and apply state of the art mass spectrometry, capillary electrophoresis, and HPLC methods to characterize biotherapeutic proteins and their associated variants and impurities.
- Identify post-translational modifications and characterize structure-activity relationships of products under development.
- Experience with multi-omics workflows and their applications to cell culture and raw material characterization is highly desirable.
- Provide technical support and oversight for QC testing occurring at internal and external GMP testing laboratories.
- Plan and author characterization, comparability, and quality sections of regulatory submissions (INDs/CTDs).
- Develop, qualify/validate, and transfer fit-for-purpose QC release and stability methods.
- Represent the Protein Analytical Chemistry Group as a subject matter expert on cross-functional teams. Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- BS, MS, or PhD with 10-12+ (BS), 8-10+ (MS) or 0-4+ (PhD) years of experience within Biochemistry, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biophysics (or related discipline) in industry or academia.
- Experience with protein characterization by mass spectrometry (LC-MS), HPLC and electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE or CE-SDS) is required.
- Experience in characterization of glycoproteins, fusion proteins, mAbs and proficiency in bioinformatics are strongly desired.
- Strong background in multi-omics analysis of cell culture and pathway analysis to drive in-depth process understanding is a plus.
- Experience with Circular Dichroism (CD), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Analytical Ultracentrifugation (AUC), and other biophysical methods is a plus.
- Experience with CMC analytical development of monoclonal antibodies or related biotherapeutic proteins is desired.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and managing multiple concurrent projects with a high degree of independence
Keywords: AbbVie, Worcester , Senior Scientist I/II, Protein Analytics - Characterization, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!