Senior Scientist I, CHO Cell Line Development
Posted on: March 16, 2019
The Process Sciences Department at the AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Scientist to join the CHO Cellular and Molecular Biology team. The Scientist will advance AbbVie's biotherapeutics pipeline through the development and characterization of highly-productive CHO cell lines suitable for cGMP protein manufacturing. The selected candidate will have a lab based primary role in the genetic characterization of CHO cell lines, vector optimization and construction for high level protein expression. Additionally, the Sr Scientist will lead scientific studies to understand CHO cell productivity in order to continuously improve the CLD process. A strong candidate will have in-depth experience in CHO cell line genetic testing techniques used in the biopharmaceutical industry, demonstrated laboratory skills in methods development, and certain "omics" related knowledge. The position is based in AbbVie Bioresearch Center, Worcester, MA. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and/or characterize highly-productive stable CHO cell lines suitable for cGMP biotherapeutic manufacturing within project timelines.
- Experience with genomics, transcriptomics, RNA-Seq, NGS, and ability to manage cross-site collaborations.
- Experimental design and bench experience with Southern blot, Northern blot, qPCR and ddPCR techniques.
- Experience with vector design and construction and with sequence analysis software.
- Experience in CHO cell line development and cell engineering/gene editing techniques including ZFN, CRISPR/Cas9 etc.
- Author and review technical reports detailing genetic characterization protocols and results. Effectively present scientific data and concepts to various audiences.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab, with clear and accurate documentation of experiments.
- Contribute to team performance and process improvement in a climate of scientific excellence. Work collaboratively on projects across multiple Process Science groups.
- Proactively seek out new information and opportunities to advance our technologies.
- Contribute to the smooth and effective operation of the CHO cell line development labs through our 5S program.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, documentation, safety, appropriate handling of materials, and GxP compliance. Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- PhD in Molecular Biology or related discipline with 0-3 years of experience, M.S. degree with 5-8+ years of relevant experience, or Bachelor's Degree with 7-10+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Enable cGMP biotherapeutics manufacturing and associated areas of expertise (e.g., cell and molecular biology, genetic characterization, genomics and transcriptomics, gene editing, process development, recombinant protein production).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong scientific curiosity with a passion for problem-solving and optimization.
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task. Strong organizational, planning and trouble-shooting skills.
- Skilled in using common software packages such as Microsoft Office, Vector software.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment. Preferred:
- Proven track record in one or more of the following: CHO cell line development, cell line genetic characterization, genomics and transcriptomics, vector construction, gene editing. Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functional team members.
- Learns quickly, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Embraces a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for continuous improvement. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: AbbVie, Worcester , Senior Scientist I, CHO Cell Line Development, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!