Scientist, Cell Culture
Posted on: March 16, 2019
A scientist position is available within the Cell Culture group in the Process Sciences Department at AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. The group is responsible for developing biologics manufacturing processes to enable early and late phase clinical programs. We interacts closely with other groups in drug development, along with Manufacturing and Discovery, to deliver upstream processes that are high yield, manufacturing friendly, robust and have desirable product quality attributes. The selected candidate will be involved in fundamental research to understand CHO cell metabolism and translate the knowledge to improve product quality and productivity. We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative scientist with experience in cell and molecular biology to join the team. Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of biochemical assays to measure cellular metabolic indexes, including metabolite concentrations, cellular energetics and redox status, and molecular traits associated with cellular stresses.
- Aseptically culture suspension cells and work with pH-, light- or temperature-sensitive samples.
- Prepare cell culture media from powders or stock solutions.
- Perform statistical analysis to help result interpretation and data-driven hypothesis building.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab, with clear, accurate and timely documentation.
- Evaluate different scale down models, ie cell culture plates, spin tubes, shake flasks, and bioreactors.
- Effectively communicate scientific data and concepts to internal and external audiences through reports and presentations.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, and GMP compliance. Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- MS or BS degree in biochemical/chemical engineering or life sciences related disciplines.
- 0-2+ (MS) or 3-5+ (BS) years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry Aseptic culture technique.
- Experience in preparing pH-, light- or temperature-sensitive biological reagents, including cell pellets and extracts, and cell culture media.
- Experience in extracting cell lysate, RNA or DNA and knowledge in basic molecular biology assays, such as electrophoresis, Western blotting and PCR.
- Experience in enzymatic assays, such as colorimetric plate reader-based assays.
- Detail-oriented and excel at biochemical calculations, including unit conversion, molar concentrations.
- Self-motivated and strong scientific curiosity
- Knowledge in statistical data analysis tools are highly desirable Preferred Qualifications:
- Cell labeling and FACS analysis
- Experience in AMBR or other high-throughput bioreactor technologies is a plus.
- Experience with electronic notebook At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic .
Keywords: AbbVie, Worcester , Scientist, Cell Culture, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!