Experienced Field Auto Adjuster
Company: Allstate Insurance Company.
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Experienced Field Auto Adjuster in Worcester,MA!
Customers need us the most when they are involved in an accident. As an Experienced Field Auto Adjuster you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore peoples lives after theyve had a loss. You will be responsible for inspecting damaged vehicles and preparing itemized auto damage appraisals to return customers vehicles to their pre-loss condition. You will meet with customers in person to guide them through the settlement process in a caring and professional manner.
What you will do:
- Make and maintain a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Research and respond to moderately complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Summarize documents and enter into claim system notes
- Document a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Investigate moderately complex files, reviews damage, takes photos, and determines reparability or total loss
- Prepare damage estimates for moderately complex claims and locates parts
- Prepare, review, reconcile and/or approve supplements
- Condition vehicles and prepares report for customer
- Determine valuation of salvage
- Evaluate diminished value in a moderately complex claim
- Process claims payments
- Initiate system generated checks and pays appropriate parties
- Negotiate and settle moderately complex claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Please note, there is a required 2-week training that will take place in Wheeling, IL.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, based on prior experience
- Company car
- IPad, laptop, cellphone
- Generous Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- The freedom to work from home
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Wellness incentives
- Tuition reimbursement (starts day 1)
- Volunteer opportunities
- You can view all Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
Please note that, since this is a field service position, you will need to have a valid drivers license and a reliable vehicle. This is a demanding field position that will require you to travel within the territory as much as 75% of your working time.
- High School or GED required
- A minimum of three years of auto estimating experience required
- Experience investigating, evaluating, negotiating and setting moderately complex auto claims strongly preferred
- Prior experience using auto estimating software, CCC Pathways, Audatex, Mitchell, etc is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Keywords: Allstate Insurance Company., Worcester , Experienced Field Auto Adjuster, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!