Senior Manufacturing Associate
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Our Manufacturing Logistics and Planning division is looking for a
Senior Manufacturing Associate to join our team in Worcester, MA.
Within our team, you will manage production projects by introducing
new technology and process improvements of Manufacturing. You will
work cross -functionally with senior staff and peers within other
departments to align on projects including tracking transfers,
planning and facilitating the implementation of improvement
solutions. Additionally you will use SAP, LIMS, and other systems,
programs, and databases to input, verify, monitor and analyze
pertinent data. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Transfers methods into Production instructions to allow for
successful performance of scheduled campaigns.
- Schedules work tasks, without assistance, to support project
and campaign timelines.
- Drafts broad scope and complexity documents. Circulates the
documents to reviewers and without assistance responds to comments
and questions. Manages document review and approval to meet project
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and
policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria
for obtaining results.
- Tracks ongoing problems and captures information for analysis.
Uses analysis to develop solutions to broad-level problems.
Presents potential solutions to management and senior personnel,
and with limited assistance creates an implementation plan.
- Evaluates data for trends, which may impact other systems,
projects, or areas.
- Applies knowledge, experience, and technical skills to
understand production objectives and evaluate potential changes,
implement production initiatives. Executes systems and procedures
efficiently and compliantly and evaluates systems for improvement
potential. Develops and uses standard practices to ensure
- Works cross-functionally to enhance systems that improve Good
Manufacturing Practice compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education required.
- At least 8 years' experience in any aspect of manufacturing and
- Knowledge of media and buffer preparation, cell culture, and
purification of biological drugs is required; Computer and
scheduling expertise; In-depth knowledge of safety, quality systems
and Good Manufacturing Practices required; Expertise with and
continuous improvement of, tech transfer process; Adeptness with
equipment, facilities validation, and regulatory filings;
Significant functional group management.
- Should be flexible to handle multiple tasks including ability
to handle pressure in a professional and positive manner;
Effectively works in a team environment; Maintains high level of
energy and professionalism on the job; Build effective working
relationships with customers, co-workers, cross-functioned groups,
and management; Actively and effectively participates in the
continuous improvement process.
- Uses problem solving skills when working on complex problems,
where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of
- Uses discretion and exercises judgment within broadly defined
practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and
evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Reports to a manager or
- Coordinates the completion of programs and projects. Decisions,
recommendations and actions are essential to the development of
suite schedules and personnel allocation.
- Provides technical direction and training to less senior
personnel; Coordinates activities of sub-group and actively works
with other sub-groups. Acts as advisor to unit or sub-unit becomes
actively involved as required. Provides technical direction and
training to less senior personnel. Participates in technical
investigations and provides on the floor technical expertise;
Provides a motivational and team building atmosphere. Acts as a
- Frequently interacts with subordinates or functional peer
groups at various management levels. Interaction normally requires
the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations
of technical information concerning specific projects, schedules,
etc. Regularly discusses progress, problems, and proposed solutions
with colleagues and senior personnel.
- Detailed understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices
as applied to equipment and process steps in area of
responsibility. Able to make recommendations for improved
compliance at plant level. In-depth knowledge of pertinent
regulatory filings. Uses knowledge to prevent problems with
Keywords: AbbVie, Worcester , Senior Manufacturing Associate, Other , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!