Company: The Hanover Insurance Group
Posted on: February 24, 2021
For more than 160 years, The Hanover has been committed to
delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the
most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE. Our
Compliance team is currently seeking a Compliance Analyst in our
Worcester, MA location. This is a full time, exempt role. POSITION
OVERVIEW: This position will be responsible for designing,
implementing and enforcing compliance strategy and programs that
are effective in preventing and identifying misconduct or
violations of government regulations or company policy. In
addition, the role will involve compliance and ethics consulting,
implementation, training, monitoring, investigation, remediation,
and/or reporting. This role will routinely interact with internal
management as well as external state regulators and examiners. IN
THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Interpret regulations and compliance related requirements by
reviewing regulatory bulletins and utilizing a variety of research
- Communicate regulatory changes with business partners and aid
in designing solutions to mitigate risk in support of compliant
- Assess risks and identify potential areas of compliance
vulnerability throughout the enterprise. Provide oversight of
corrective action plans developed through business unit self-audits
and Compliance audits. Test and validate corrective actions to
confirm mitigation plans have been properly implemented.
- Participate in preparing materials and information required in
response to internal and external regulatory audits and assist in
preparing communication of responses for regulatory compliance
- Manage state issued data calls and surveys relevant to business
(or company) and industry practices.
- Independently review, prepare and submit accurate and timely
filings of rates, rules and forms to state insurance departments.
Serve on business projects as needed including new product
- Communicate and follow-up on a regular basis with state
insurance departments to negotiate and secure approvals of filings
within established timeframes. Provide timely and frequent
communication to affected business areas on status of filings in
- Prepare accurate and timely responses to insurance consumer
complaints received from State Department of Insurance, social
media and direct from consumers.
- Interact professionally and communicate clearly with a diverse
group of individuals including executives, managers, leaders,
business partners, and external regulatory personnel
- Manages workload, prioritizes, and elevates issues where
appropriate with little direction. WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- 5 years property and casualty insurance industry experience
with personal lines, commercial lines and/or specialty expertise
preferred; minimum of three years of proven claims, product,
operations, underwriting and/or regulatory experience.
- Insurance related compliance experience in risk assessment,
testing and monitoring including knowledge of business processes
and technologies desired.
- Four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Solid background in cross functional team work; experience
working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, analytical and project
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Solutions oriented approach.
- Self-directed and able to prioritize competing deadlines while
remaining focused and organized.
- P&C industry and/or Compliance professional designation,
certification or membership desired. Demonstrated adoption of a
growth mindset with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Proficient in Office 365 tools, SharePoint. This job posting
provides cursory examples of some of the job duties associated with
this position. The examples provided are not a complete, and the
position may entail other essential and job-related functions and
responsibilities that employees will be required to perform. CAREER
DEVELOPMENT: It's not just a job, it's a career, and we are here to
support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and
fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching
and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you
- at every level - to grow and develop. BENEFITS: We offer
comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial
security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you'll
enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only) EEO STATEMENT:
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our
customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment
and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the
basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the
available work without regard to race, religion, color, age,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity,
disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information,
ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing
an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and
harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender,
ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other
status protected by law.
Keywords: The Hanover Insurance Group, Worcester , Compliance Analyst, Professions , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!