Business Systems Analyst
Company: University of Massachusetts Medical School
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Explore the Possibilities and Advance with Us. You can view all
open jobs by clicking here or use the following search form to find
jobs that suit your specific career interests. Business Systems
Analyst Job Number: 2021-36401
Category: Information Technology
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - Data Management Services -
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 74
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Jan. 25, 2021 GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the
direction of--the Director--or designee, the Business Systems
Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Product Owner in
supporting the delivery of information technology products at the
UMass Medical School. The Business Systems Analyst will adhere to
UMMS's agile framework guidelines, with the goal of ensuring
quality deliverables that achieve customer satisfaction. The
Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for interpreting the
business and clinical requirements of various programs, and to
translate these requirements into functional requirements via
features, user stories, leveraging wireframes or other deliverables
to facilitate the creation, modification or enhancement of critical
applications. The Business Systems Analyst will be a key
contributor in the implementation of these projects as well as
providing ongoing product support. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for developing subject matter expertise for the
products and customers that their development team serves as well
as understanding how to help drive delivery within the empowered
team's working agreement and definition of done.
- Compose User Stories including necessary tasks and acceptance
criteria under the direction of the Product Owner or in the
capacity of acting Product Owner for smaller efforts.
- Develop, adapt, and facilitate scrum framework including
backlog through all sprints of product release phases and capable
of serving as acting Scrum Master as necessary.
- Assist the Product Owner in leading and communicating the
release plan for the product.
- Work directly with Best Practice leader to create and
contribute to the Agile Development Framework for individual
- Actively engage with other product owners, business system
analysts and scrum masters in developing a comprehensive strategy
around the development of IT products and services.
- Contribute meaningfully in the evaluation and acquisition of
related software, products, and services as needed by clients as an
- Work with Product Owners, Customers, Development Team, QA
and/or Dev Ops Support and key technical resources to identify
stories to be added to the backlog.
- Support ordering and managing of the backlog of user stories
and product defects to ensure that the work defined for the team is
meaningful to the customer, yet realistic and attainable for the
- Assist in the planning, coordinating, and documenting product
related development activities of large scale and highly visible
projects that will vary in scope and affected business units.
- Assist in the QA process to ensure that functionality meets
definition of done and meets acceptance criteria of user
- Assist in the on-going communication with all appropriate
parties to ensure that the product's objectives, scope, and
expected deliverables throughout the product/project delivery
lifecycle are effectively socialized with all stakeholders.
- Work with development teams as an effective communication
facilitator to address questions and concerns regarding user
stories or other artifacts developed during sprints.
- Intersect with development for committing backlog items to
sprint deliverables (where needed assist PO with negotiation
process to define what gets put in each iteration/sprint).
- Participate in "Post-Live" retrospectives of releases to review
whether the delivery met expectations and to identify potential
areas for improvement. Documents results of retrospective and
- Perform other duties as required. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information management
technology, or equivalent experience.
- 3 years demonstrated experience of influencing the
decision-making process within in an incremental software delivery
model, experience working in an Agile/Scrum framework, SDLC or
Rapid Application development environment, experience working with
technology teams in the implementation of infrastructure, security
and engineering enterprise product software, and an established
track record of delivering on commitments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills who can easily
tailor message and communication style based on the defined
audience, including vendors.
- Effective listener, who can translate and communicate needs and
motivate teams to achieve measureable results that improve upon the
current business process
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, flexible, engaging and
empowered throughout the delivery cycle
- Ability to generate solutions that solve customers' needs while
adhering to software development best practices.
- Ability to understand customer needs and their business
challenges as it relates to the product/application development
lifecycle and ensuring a high level of customer engagement during
- Ability to work seamlessly within any of the defined software
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple
- Ability to travel to off-site locations PREFERRED
- Prior consulting experience
- CSM or PSM certification
- Familiarity with road mapping tools such as Aha or Agile
delivery tools such as TFS. UMass Medical School Core Competencies
demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS
positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success. Named a
U.S. News & World Report
"2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL"
for Primary Care and Research This is an official Page of the
University of Massachusetts Worcester Campus
Human Resources --- 333 South Street
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts 01545
Questions or Comments?
Phone: 508-856-5260 There are no more Tweets in this timeline.
Keywords: University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!