Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Company: CAPS Collaborative
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionCAPS Collaborative is looking for a dynamic and
enthusiastic BCBA to join our educational team. CAPS Collaborative
is seeking a full-time BCBA to assist in consultation, FBAs,
behavior planning and supervision of staff as they implement
behavior plans. Position is school year based with additional
summer hours available. Applicants should have experience working
with students with a variety of diagnosis in specialized school
based education programs as well as behavioral ABA modeled
classroom settings. These specialized Collaborative programs are
located in public school settings allowing for inclusion
opportunities. In addition to supervision of classroom behavioral
support staff, the BCBA will work closely with teachers, RBT's,
other program BCBA's and specialized related service
providers.About us:CAPS Collaborative will work in partnership with
districts to provide programs and services of the highest quality.
To provide these services, we adhere to the following values:
- To commit every aspect of the organization to providing
exceptional educational opportunities for students.
- To demonstrate quality and responsiveness by becoming the first
choice of districts for programs and services.
- To be a customer-focused organization that constantly evaluates
- To integrate quality, integrity, respect, and teamwork into
every aspect of the organization.
- To demonstrate accountability through constantly evaluating
results and progress toward goals.
- To implement programs and services in the most cost-effective
manner and to exercise due diligence in financial decision
- We will work in partnership with districts to ensure that
students transition to the least restrictive environment in their
home school district.About the role:The BCBA will provide support
to students teachers and service providers, and their families by
coordinating and providing services in Applied Behavior Analysis,
function analyses and assessment, behavior acquisition and
reduction procedures, and adaptive life skills. A BCBA will also
oversee programming of associate behavior analysts, RBTs and
provide ongoing support and supervision to Direct Support
Professionals (DSP) as it relates to the implementation and
documentation associated with Behavior Support
- Function in a supervisory capacity and provide oversight to all
areas of behavior programming including the training of program
- Assist in the development, facilitation, and follow-up training
in Applied Behavior Analysis, using both discrete trial training
and natural environment training models of teaching.
- Facilitate and assist in the development and identification of
resources and support information for students and their
- Provide model teaching and other direct instructional supports
including, but not limited to, practicum supervision/teaching,
class instruction and in-service instruction to other support
- Assist in the development and implementation of assessment
tools, to conduct functional assessments and analyses when
appropriate, and to develop appropriate behavior strategies to
teach appropriate behavior and reduce maladaptive behaviors.
- Provide ongoing support and training to direct support
professionals, ABA implementers, and other individuals in support
roles for students.
- Ongoing training and supervision of paraprofessional staff in
implementation of ABA principles and methodology and behavior
- Create ongoing data collection system to establish baseline and
programmatic efficacy for all consumers, and to analyze data on a
frequent and ongoing basis to guide programming.
- Participate in IEP team meetings.
- Write behavior goals and objectives.
- Write progress reports based on IEP goals and objectives
related to behavior.
- Develop behavior plans/treatment plans for all consumers with a
focus on teaching and other antecedent strategies for reducing
- Meet as needed with supervised staff to discuss ongoing
consumer issues and to provide support when necessary.
- Review and sign off on behavior plan/treatment plan training
for all field staff and provide field supervision when
- Provide consultation services and to maintain ongoing
communication with all constituents (other supports, parents,
community, and community agencies).
- Keep current with the literature, new research findings and
resources. In addition, continuing education courses to maintain
BCBA certification are necessary (32 credits every 2 years).
- Maintain all data, paperwork, and communication between
personal care staff and families, and to provide ongoing feedback
to government related agencies that contract with CAPS
- Maintain professional boundaries and ensure student/staff
confidentiality as appropriate within the educational Team
- Contribute to professional growth and collaboration by staying
informed on current literature/resources in the field and actively
participating in staff meetings and professional development
- Perform other duties as assigned.Candidate requirements:
- Master's degree in Special Education or related human services
- Successful completion of internship and/or formal training in
the analysis of behavior and instructional strategies training
related to working with clients who have pervasive developmental
disorders and related disorders, their parents, and other agencies
working with client
- Ability to demonstrate competence in behavior management skill,
instructional skills, oral and written communication,
organizational skills and interpersonal relations
- Ability to work with a variety of clients in regard to age,
functionality, and with minimal direction
- Certified as a BCBA for a minimum of 2 years, unless prior
approval is granted by Executive Director.
- Knowledge of DTT programming and implementation
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook systems
- Ability to utilize a fax machine, phone system, and other
office materials as necessary for the position
- Ability to respond quickly to phone calls, text messages, and
- Flexible availability which includes Monday through Friday
3pm-8pm at minimum
- Current on all required trainings/certifications (see general
list of employment qualifications for list)
- Driver's insurance on file with HR Department
- Transportation that is reliable and insured in the state of
Keywords: CAPS Collaborative, Worcester , Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Professions , Westminster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!