Company: Benjamin Moore & Co
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Company Profile:Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of
Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the
world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years
we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and
home d--cor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich
and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that
our associates are the driving force behind our success and we
strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity
and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.Join a
company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for
individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class
services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using
the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand
experiences for our customers and retail network.Job Summary:Drives
and coordinates daily activities of production process through the
manufacturing and process leads on all shifts. Removes production
constraints, allocates human and equipment resources, and directs
production employees to attain all production goals. Actively
participates in root cause and corrective action implementation to
remove production constraints and continuously improve product
quality. Key Responsibilities
- Ensures all environmental, health, and safety guidelines within
- Direct production operations for Milford manufacturing
- Provide technical support and advice to personnel.
- Regular evaluation of personnel work performance.
- Counsel and discipline personnel as needed.
- Ensure that personnel receive adequate training to perform
essential job functions.
- Troubleshooting of plant operational problems.
- Control labor costs through proper deployment of personnel,
planning, scheduling, and prioritizing of work assignments.
Maximize efficiency of labor hours.
- Control supply costs through proper inventory control of
production tools and equipment.
- Maintain high standards of performance for personnel as it
relates to safety, quality, cost, and throughput.
- Communicate with maintenance, scheduling, and lab personnel to
meet daily production objectives.
- Communicate status of operations regularly with Plant Manager,
with emphasis on safety performance, quality assurance, personnel
issues, and customer satisfaction.
- Initiates and maintains improvement efforts in all areas of
plant operations. This may include SPC, key performance indicators,
six-sigma efforts, and behavioral safety programs.
- Advise and influence business and plant management of potential
applications of new advances in modification to existing plant
facilities, design of new production facilities, and modifications
to systems and procedures.
- Prepare process specifications and document required Standard
Operating Procedures and Standard Work Instructions
- Assist product development by applying process knowledge to
evaluate new products and equipment requirements
- Responsible for understanding internal and external customer
service expectations through establishing and maintaining effective
relationships both internally and externally.
- Partner effectively with Human Resources on all employee
relations and work culture improvements.
- Create a working environment in which all employees are
motivated and strive for operational excellence.
- Ensure compliance on all local, state, and federal laws and
- Strong people management skills to include performance
management, coaching, problem resolution, corrective action and
experience leading teams to instill a superior performance
- Drive the culture towards Benjamin Moore & Co. values by
providing visionary leadership; develop, implement, and champion
strategies to identify and institutionalize best practices
- Communicate often and effectively with facility employees on
all issues to create an engaged work force
- Actively participates in root cause and corrective action
implementation to remove production constraints and continuously
- Removes waste and constraints from the production processes to
improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Actively participates in the Plant Quality Team, led by the
Quality Manager, to investigate root causes and implement
corrective actions for all production batch recalls, correction
batches, batches requiring additional straining, batches that are
toted for recycling or disposal, and batches that pose an atypical
- Coordinates production equipment modifications and adjustments
with the Engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.Interfaces/Working Relationships
- Interface with production, warehouse, and laboratory employees
to ensure that product is made according to plan and meets required
- Work closely with Plant Manager to optimize efficiency of work
- Participate in functional teams as required. Teams may be
comprised of both on-site and off-site individuals. Level of
- Work is assigned within broadly defined procedures. Production
Manager will consult with supervisor when there is a major
deviation from established practice or when significant opportunity
arises that needs immediate attention.
- Will be expected to operate without direct supervision.Required
- Complete understanding and adherence to safety, health, and
environmental rules and regulations.
- BS degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or closely related
technical field required
- Minimum 5 years of supervision in a chemical batch
- Knowledge of paint and coatings technology in an industrial
setting a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated Lean/Continuous Improvement experience
- Strong technical and computer literacy skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse group of people and to motivate
staff to work together as one team.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with employees to
facilitate conflict resolution.
- Solid knowledge of federal and state environmental, safety, and
industrial hygiene laws and regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Some domestic travel involved.
Keywords: Benjamin Moore & Co, Worcester , Production Manager, Professions , Milford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!